netkas.org forum
September 22, 2017, 01:41:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5xxx displayport monitors and active adapters working with RadeonFramebuffer  (Read 63681 times)
ryanrhee90

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 07:13:17 AM »

dear gods, how did you inject zonalis!?
heckenhugo

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

Quote from: org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Zonalis</string>
heckenhugo

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »

is nobody here, who can advise me to get triple display with correct framebuffer runing? Sad
ryanrhee90

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »

You'll need to grab yourself a copy of the 10.6.7 kexts first.
heckenhugo

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:27 PM »

are you sure? the solution seems to be near with native 10.7.3 drivers...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:21:21 PM by heckenhugo » Logged
ryanrhee90

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »

Well, you need to grab the ConnectorInfo hex from 10.6.7 and replace the one from 10.7.3 with it.
See the link that calvintml posted.
heckenhugo

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »

thanks for your reply. i read the quoted thread again and again but i just dont know how to start...
where you can download the radeondump tool?
what shall i do with the 10.6.7 kext? (i just downloaded the ATI_10.6.7.zip from muchas post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252061 - is it the right one?)
i wanted to find the zonalis hex string from the monkeys.rtf from same post but it isnt in my actual framebuffer bin?!
that can't be so difficult...
please help Sad
heckenhugo

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »

can really nobody help me?
calvintml

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »

extract your card's bios (using atiflash)
then run radeon bios decode (found in the thread you link to above) and that should give you a starting point to figure out the settings for your card
calvintml

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »

heckenhugo,

okay i will try to help. please give me some more info.

With Zonalis, when you say your second dvi port doesn't work, is it detected and just doesn't display. or is it not detected either?

have you tried any other framebuffers like Uakari and Vervet? Uakari works for 5870, might work a little for 5850.  Are there any framebuffers that you've tried where the second DVI port did work (even if other ports did not).

Also what about the hdmi port. Are there any framebuffers where that port worked.

Also, probably most important of all: please post your card's bios. you can extract it from your card using a program such as atiflash.
mooncresta

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »

I have just installed Mavericks and had 5 displays running from my Mac 4.1, 3 x from my flashed XFX 5770 card ( 2x DVI + Display Port ) and 2 x from my GT120 (DVI + Mini DP) . I have tried for hours to get this set up working in Snow Leopard, but cant get it to work, so I am guessing that the drivers have been updated in Mavericks. If I leave all the monitors plugged in to the same ports it just doesnt work when I boot back to SL 10.6.8, it senses the monitor but will not display anything...  Angry

Can anybody explain how I could used the Mavericks display driver in Snow Leopard 10.6.8

BTW I need to use SL with my work software, I cant use Mavericks... Shocked  

Thanks

I think I've made some progress in understanding why displayport isn't working for non-vanilla 5000 series ATI cards.  I have been able to get displayport working with a simple renaming of certain personalities in ATI5000Controller.  Furthermore, I have been able to get displayport working when RadeonFramebuffer is loaded.

I have posted previously about how you can get displayport working if you swap in port mappings that are specific for your card into the vanilla framebuffer personalities (such as Hoolock, or Langur): http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,864.0.html

This made me wonder, is there something in ATI5000Controller which determines whether displayport is working? or is it some other kext which is making this happen?  I looked into the ATI5000Controller for differences in how the vanilla personalities like Hoolock and Langur were treated relative to the other, non-vanilla, personalities like Vervet and Uakari.  I used idapro and hexsys (thanks Netkas for the suggestion!).  However, I couldn't find a difference (besides the different port mappings) in how the different personalities were defined in that kext.  Weird.

So I decided that it must be another kext which is determining that displayport only works for vanilla framebuffers.  What if what's really important is that the card is injected as Hoolock by Chameleon or ATYinit, and not what happens in the ATI5000Controller?  To test this, I opened up the  ATI5000Controller binary (you can do this in any old text editor), and replaced all instances of Hoolock with Hoolocc (misspelled on purpose) and replaced all instances of Zonalis (the framebuffer personality for my card) with Hoolock.  Now instead of using the default code for Hoolock, the code for Zonalis is used , because it is now named Hoolock!  This worked beautifully, and displayport worked great even though the code for Zonalis was being used, and the code for Hoolock in wasn't being accessed at all, mainly because it had been renamed to Hoolocc.

The coolness didn't stop there.  As has been posted by Netkas on his blog a while ago, if you do not inject your card, these new kexts will load your ports properly using "RadeonFramebuffer", but, at least for 5xxx cards, displayport and active adapters do not work.  No doubt several of you have also noticed that if you inject a framebuffer that doesn't exist (for example, AtiConfig=asdf), then RadeonFramebuffer will load, again with the same properties.  I found that if you inject Hoolock (AtiConfig=Hoolock) when Hoolock is misspelled in ATI5000Controller (i.e. rename all instances from Hoolock to Hoolocc) then it defaults to RadeonFramebuffer and loads all the ports correctly.   But in this case, displayport also works!  This is exciting because it enables dispalyport for 5xxx cards without the user having to manually determine what framebuffer is best and whether port mappings need to be edited.  Unfortunately, this does not solve the geekbench/steam crashing issue seen with RadeonFramebuffer.

All this means that ATI5000Controller does not determine whether displayport works for 5xxx cards.  Instead, it must be another kext which requires that a vanilla framebuffer personality is injected.  What this kext is I don't know, does anyone have a guess?

I have attached links to two edited ATI5000Controller files from 10.6.8.

The first one will load RadeonFramebuffer if you specifiy AtiConfig=Hoolock or AtiConfig=Langur.  This should work for any 5xxx card but will have the geekbench crashing issue.

The second will load the code for Vervet if you specify AtiConfig=Hoolock and the code for Uakari if you specify AtiConfig=Langur  This should work for the standard 5770 and 5870 cards (respectively).

I hope this rather painlessly gets displayport working for people in 10.6.8 as it was working in 10.6.7.  Let me know if it works for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u5f9b8yb0yc8vew

http://www.mediafire.com/?uzzvs2glyomlbs7
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:17:08 AM by mooncresta » Logged
blacksheep

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »

You can't use Mavs drivers in SL.
But you can install and use Rosetta in Mavs (if that's what your software needs to work ofc).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: