netkas.org forum
May 29, 2017, 03:05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 5xxx displayport monitors and active adapters working with RadeonFramebuffer  (Read 59282 times)
calvintml

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »

I've read that 10.6.7 allowed the XFX 5770 to run natively for some.
Yes, try injecting vervet, either by using ATY_init or by flashing your card with the hacked efi roms.
I'm not sure what I can expect from 10.6.8 - will I get even my two DVI ports to work without flashing?
Yes, although I would still recommend ATY_init or flashing b/c certain programs crash without doing that.
calvintml

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 01:47:26 PM »

In several cases, when AtiConfig was set, ATY,RadeonFrameBuffer would load instead.
If you load a personality that is not for the correct class of cards (for example, duckweed is for 6xxx not 5xxx cards), then RadeonFramebuffer will load instead.
pipkato

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

Thanks a lot calvintml.

I'll  try what you suggest when my XFX card arrives.  Good to know that my DVI outputs have limited support though under 10.6.8.  Wonder what Lion will bring if it's launched on the 14th.  Shouldn't there be a gold master out with developers by now?
calvintml

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »

Wonder what Lion will bring if it's launched on the 14th.  Shouldn't there be a gold master out with developers by now?
Yes.  Don't expect much change.
ryanrhee90

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »

any updates now that 10.7.2 is live?
rot8ion

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »

Hey Guys,

Thanx for all the help so far.

I have a standard ATI 5870 with 2xDVI, 1 HDMI and 1xDP. I need a triple monitor set up badly for my current art project. I can get the two dvi's to work, DP recognises the monitor but no Screen output. I use 10.6.8.

are there any developments that I need to know in order to fix this problem?

all the best,
calvintml

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »

either downgrade to 10.6.7 or lower (non-sandybridge) ati kexts, or upgrade your system to the latest version of lion.
rot8ion

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »

Hi calvintml,

I have made considerable progress, but I am not there yet. I have 2 Ati 5870 cards work oob, but with GraphicsEnabler=No, this causes several programs not to start (such as dvd player, Ableton & Resolume, which I need desperatly!). Right now these programs quit unexpectedly at starting up.

Is your advice to change the Lion ATI kexts with the ATI kexts from 10.6.7? Will I be able to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes then, and will both Cards still function?

I have logged my activities precisely, in the hope that someone can be of help.

This post contains:
1 MY ACTIONS
2 MY SPECS
3 TROUBLESHOOTING
4 DOES NOT WORK

I will post my updates here.

All the best.
Rob

MY ACTIONS

use USB stick (8GB Icicu) with unibeast (tonymacx86.com) and lion 10.7.3 (app store)
at boot press f12 and select usb hdd
choose "USB" and type GraphicsEnabler=No before pressing enter
Choose Englishas language
Choose Disk aid program
Select SSD Rob 1
Choose erase with MAC OS Extended (Journaled)
Close Disk aid program
Choose Continue
Choose disk SSD Rob 1
(installation 10-20 min)
At reboot press F12 and choose SSD Rob, again first type GraphicsEnabler=No then press Enter
Kies country and keyboard
Choose skip apple account
Select time zone
Go to disk Mac 1 and open multibeast lion edition
copy the mobo dsdt file to desktop
start multibeast and select:
-user dsdt install
-system utilities
- in kexts/audio/Applehada rollback en non-dsdt/alc 899
- in network/realtek gigabit (causes kernel panic?!, but works after reboot) (RTL8111E = ethernet controller on the mobo)
Search with spotlight for org.chameleon.boot.list, (the one in the Extra folder on SSD Rob 1) change with textedit : GraphicsEnabler=No
Ga to system preferences, general en de-select "recover window at program restart"
Rerstart the Mac
Open finder
press ALT(option) and click on "Go"
Go to computer and move SSD Rob 1 to left colomn

Copy Developer van MAC 1/ O installatie software naar SSD Rob 1
ga naar Developer/programma's en start QC
Sla QC icoon op in Dock

Install programs:
-Resolume 4 arena (does not work!)
-Chrome
-Superduper

MY SPECS:
Lion 10.7.3
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev. 2.0 FB -
Intel Core i7 950 -
SSD OCZ Vertex Series 60 GB -
2TB Samsung Spinpoint -
Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S223C -
12 GB GeIL Value Plus Hexa-Channel Kit
2x ATI Radeon HD 5870
Trust Ultra Small Bluetooth 2 USB Adapter -
Scythe Mugen 2 CPU koeler -
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M1000 -
Coolermaster HAFX Casing

TROUBLESHOOTING ROB:

-DVD player, Ableton & Resolume do not work
-application quit unexpectedly

DOES NOT WORK:
PCIRootUID=1 does not work

NEXT to TRY:
Add atyinit
change ati5000controller with older version
change uakari / hoolock
remove one of the ati cards

rot8ion

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »

I have 3 Ati 5870 cards and I am trying different set ups to see what works.

1st Ati 5870 card works with graphicsenabler=yes, card is recognised as 5870 and all programs work (including dvd player and Resolume)
2 Ati 5870 cards work only with graphicsenabler=no, cards are recognised as 5800 cards and required programs do not work

Only 2nd ATI 5870 card works with graphicsenabler=yes, card is recognised as 5870 and all programs work (including dvd player and Resolume)

So apparently something goes wrong when using 2 ati 5870 cards together.
calvintml

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »

this sounds like a problem with chameleon graphics injection. i'm sure somebody has worked out how to inject two cards (either with chameleon or with ATY_init).
rot8ion

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for joining the conversation. I have read a lot of your posts in this forum, enough to find out that you dived deep into these kexts Smiley. Do you know anyone who has succeeded injecting two ATI cards (or any other solution) because I spend days (Carnaval holidays over here) finding a solution.

I will continue testing tomorrow, so I will keep posting updates during the weekend, all the help is welcome and much appreciated.

rot8ion

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »

Calvin,

andystubbs is helping me out and his suggestion was flashing one of the 5870's to make it identical with the other one. He can provide me with the necessary files. So I am going for that option at the moment and I am awaiting his reply. See also: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=1794.new;topicseen#new

please feel free to join that thread.
heckenhugo

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »

hi,
i'm trying to get 3 display setup working since one week. i read many forums an tried out different solutions but no success. i've got an (gigabyte) ati 5850 with dual dvi, hdmi and dp. 

my working win7 setup:
1st: dvi_1
2nd: dvi_2 (with vga adapter)
3rd: dp (with vga adapter)

i installed 10.7.2 with kakewalk, updated to 10.7.3 and installed chimera (1.80). with native kexts and graphics enabler = on the most AtiConfigs (duckweed f.i.) works with this triple display setup, but the card is recognized as Ati 5000 and dvd-player don't work.

Other AtiConfigs recognizes the card as a 5850 and dvd-player works fine but then the 3 display setup wont work... the best result gives the uakari config which detects (as a 5850) the names of all 3 displays but dvi-1 gets an 300 hz signal (in display cofiguration shown as 60hz). close but no cigar Sad

please help!!!
calvintml

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »

with patience, and this post ( http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,862.0.html ), you should be able to solve this problem. good luck.
heckenhugo

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »

many thanks for your quick reply. sorry, the post you quoted makes me confused. could you explain
- which file i have to hexedit
- what shall i locate and what edit in this file
sorry im a total noob in such things and i dont really understand what this guys are talking about..  what is the coherence between framebuffer, portmapping and the different aticonfigs? what does the ati5000 kext do?

what i did in the meanwhile:
updated the graphic bios (in win7) -> no difference
aticonfig zonalis gave me a result i can live with for the moment - it detects gpu as 5850 - so dvd-player and so on works - and it correctly detects the displays on 2 ports (DP and DVI_1) and simply ignores the third one (DVI_2)
(my kids can't live with - they can't look videos anymore while i'm working Wink)

maybe it helps:
ioReg | grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Zonalis@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002c9, registered, matche$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Zonalis  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002d7, registered, m$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Zonalis@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002ca, registered, matche$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Zonalis  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002df, registered, m$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Zonalis@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002cb, registered, matche$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Zonalis  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002e5, registered, m$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Zonalis@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002cc, registered, matche$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Zonalis  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002eb, registered, m$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Zonalis@4  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002cd, registered, matche$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Zonalis  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002f1, registered, m$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Zonalis@5  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002ce, registered, matche$
    | |   |   | | +-o ATY_Zonalis  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002f7, registered, m$

what can i do?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: