netkas.org forum
October 01, 2020, 01:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning to Write/Mod roms; How to start?  (Read 5515 times)
Librarian580

« on: June 01, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »

Heya all
This has been on my mind quite a bit. I see very many people writing the modded roms for Mac cards, as well as PC cards for other modifications. However, I simply couldn't seem to find out how they learned to do it, nor how to start.

So i'm hoping someone could give me some pointers in the right direction for starting from virtually nothing. Not just for me though, but I think that it would be helpful to many others. Learning to write my own Roms is something I've been hoping to do for a long time. I figure it would also make it so more can know how to learn it, and possibly relieve Rom and Netkas of some of the high volume of requests.
I guess things include How to learn hex code/How to go about it? What programming languages to go for? What to look for in ROMS? Other things in general?

I tried a bit of trial and error with making a 2600 Rom from scratch, but it just didn't work with splicing the EFI chunk. So i'm not sure what to do.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:58:06 PM by Lian_TSD » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: