netkas.org forum
October 19, 2019, 06:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALC850 2/6 channel problem  (Read 5358 times)
Snow

« on: January 04, 2008, 11:21:03 AM »

Hi all,

I really hope you guys can help me with this since you are my last hope, seeying you guys know a thing or two about drivers n such.
Thing is, I've always been struggling with the channel redirection problem when using multitrack audio apps like Garageband or Logic.  What it does is whenever I start one of those apps it sets my channels to 6 instead of keeping 2 in stereo. Result is that audio is sometimes gone. Sometimes because it seems osx is confused with the 8 channels it gets from the ALC850 and keeps shifting them around or something (I've read this on forums)
With Tiger I could go to audio/midi settings to set it back to 2 channels which was already a pain but now in Leopard it keeps redirecting it to 6 channels (even in the middle of audio production)
Could you guys maybe build a kext or other so that OSX doesnt even has the ability to switch channels when loading audio apps?
Could it be audio app related? Audio app itself setting channles when starting?

I really hope I can get a solution from here cause that would make things a lot easier. The ALC850 isn't built for audio but I can do some tracks without any probs if only the channels stay static.

Thx in advance lads
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: