netkas.org forum
December 02, 2020, 08:17:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 770 Mac  (Read 71366 times)
Fl0r!an

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2015, 06:25:59 AM »

link not working for me
Yep, link only works when coming form google, no idea what Nvidia has messed up there...  Cheesy
It's the "Device Control Block 4.0 Specification".
rankel
Not Newbie

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »

link not working for me

Yes, I just googled it.
Sebinouse

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »

link not working for me

The URL got modified :
Code:
url=http://ftp://download.nvidia.com
maybe a ftp link in not supported on this forum which automatically adds http://  Huh

Anyway it is nice to see some progress here, for my part nothing relevant found.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:10:22 AM by Sebinouse » Logged
Fl0r!an

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 01:01:36 PM »

Hey guys,

just a short question (mainly @ MVC/netkas):

Do you know if it's possible for Nvidia cards to make a 'hybrid' EFI which will show boot screens but doesn't have any injection, so the driver will pick the card up in auto-init mode?
With AMD cards this was rather simply done by injecting some garbage as framebuffer, but the Nvdia driver seems to be less robust (keeps crashing). I'm currently removing all ioreg injections from the Kepler EFI (about two thirds done), but I'm currently taking a short break after having bricked my card again Cheesy

In theory this should reduce the necessary work when building a new ROM quite a lot because you wouldn't have to do any modifications to the vBIOS part (DCB, Upper DVI issue, GT640 issue, ...), so have you ever tried that approach?
Fl0r!an

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2015, 07:46:34 AM »

Okay, after having patched out every single ioreg injection from the Kepler-EFI the drivers are still crashing  Undecided
Maybe the drivers are irritated by the handful of ioreg entries which will be set by the Mac's EFI, or there is a problem when handing the display over from EFI mode to accelerated mode in OS X.
AMD drivers are a lot more robust in this case, as they'll just fall back to auto-init mode when something is wrong with the injected keys.
ciggar
Not Newbie

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »

Any modified the gtx 680 rom to work on gtx 770?HuhHuh
Rominator

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 12:52:23 AM »

There is not, nor ever will be a "one size fits all" Mac 770 rom.

While the 680 and 770 are based on same basic core, by the time the board partners made the 770 they all went in their own direction with components. Most notably the VRAM, fan(s) and power management varied from card to card. In comparison, most 680 cards, expecially the 2GB ones, used similar parts, hence the ability to use the "Mac rom" on those.

MVC has a partner now in Europe who will be able to write rom and flash your card in a few months.

Whatever you do, don't try to flash 680 rom on it. Could easily lead to a brick.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
ciggar
Not Newbie

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2016, 05:47:22 AM »

Ooo nice if mvc flash cards on europe.....but wher is this mvc partener and how to contact him?Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: