netkas.org forum
December 02, 2020, 08:27:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a sticky to a guide on how to add EFI to ROM in Hex editor.  (Read 7119 times)
aledesma
Not Newbie

« on: December 14, 2015, 03:48:49 AM »

Hello, I am not asking for a rom I am asking for a guide so that I can do it myself. I have an R9 280X-OC3GD and I am trying to flash it, I don't want to flash it with a rom from the internet so I want to create the EFI but I cant see anywhere how to do that. (this forum, youtube, google etc..) Once I flash and it works I will gladly upload the ROM for those with my card so that they can avoid what I had to go through. Can anyone send me a link?

Things I have done
  • spent all weekend searching forums
    Dumped my rom
    obtained the EFI
    downloaded flash tools

Things I need
  • Good guide on how to edit the ROM and insert EFI code
    Luck

Thanks for the help.

Alex

Techchallenged
Not Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:37:25 AM »

Let us know if you have any luck. Looking to get one of these cards next year.
Rominator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:11:37 PM »

Somewhere in my last 100 or so posts I went through this.

It is super, duper simple for these cards. First half is BIOS, second half is EFI.

Use a hex editor and cut, copy and paste.

If you use the UEFI version from the card, it is easiest, as the last rom indicator will already be correct. If it is BIOS only version then you need to fix it using fixrom.py.

All there is to it.

Exactly 1000x easier than an Nvidia EFI job.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: