netkas.org forum
November 16, 2018, 11:28:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: displayport working with 5xxx cards and sandybridge (and Lion too?) ATI drivers  (Read 73590 times)
tdecumont
Not Newbie

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:43 AM »

Hello everybody, (writing from Belgium, sorry for my english...)

I've been working abroad for a month and just got back yesterday -> I've updated  my early 2008 MacPro to OS X Lion and my flashed XFX-5870 doesn't work anymore... Well, it works, but only two screens.

I've searched on the forum how I could do to make it work again (3 monitors : 2x dvi + 1x active adapt. mdp->dvi), but I'm not sure of what I should do (some says use original drivers (don't know what they're talking about??), other says I have to change something with the kexts (again, talking about hoolock and Langur... inject something... it looks like chinese to me  Huh). I'm not an expert so it would be really nice if someone could tell me what to do or give me a link to the topic where I can find the answer... I guess I'm not so far of the right place but I don't understand what to do...

Thanks in advance!

Tanguy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:47:19 AM by tdecumont » Logged
Pegasusrjf
Not Newbie

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

calvintml, thanks for your posts. 

I got the MiniDP working on Lion with my XFX HD-577X-ZMF3.  In ATI5000Controller.kext, I edited Info.plist by replacing Langur with Vervet (or I guess adding Vervet).  Full acceleration.

How do you do this for an XFX 5870.  I tried editing but it keeps telling me I don't have permission even though I have modified to have full control.
calvintml

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 01:49:35 AM »

some says use original drivers (don't know what they're talking about??)
Try replacing ATISupport.kext, ATI5000Controller.kext, and ATIFramebuffer.kext with those from 10.6.7 (the original ones, not the sandybridge kexts).  Not sure if it will work, so please report back.
calvintml

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 01:55:02 AM »

How do you do this for an XFX 5870.  I tried editing but it keeps telling me I don't have permission even though I have modified to have full control.

Assuming you are using Lion, download the Info.plist from this post: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1069.0.html
go to terminal and type:
sudo -s
enter your password, then move to the directory in which you downloaded the Info.plist file and enter the following:
Code:
mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist.orignal
mv Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext
rm -rv /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/*
touch /System/Library/Extensions

restart your computer
toleda
Not Newbie

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 04:30:49 AM »

calvintml, thanks for your posts.  

I got the MiniDP working on Lion with my XFX HD-577X-ZMF3.  In ATI5000Controller.kext, I edited Info.plist by replacing Langur with Vervet (or I guess adding Vervet).  Full acceleration.

I can confirm mDP is now working on my Sapphire HD 5870 in both 10.6.8 and 10.7.  All the credit to redratto.

ATI5000Controller.kext/info.plist: Rename ATY,Hoolock to ATY,Uakari

As well, HDMI audio and DP audio are also working in 10.6.8 and 10.7, no framebuffer editing required.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:33:00 AM by toleda » Logged
tdecumont
Not Newbie

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »

Try replacing ATISupport.kext, ATI5000Controller.kext, and ATIFramebuffer.kext with those from 10.6.7 (the original ones, not the sandybridge kexts).  Not sure if it will work, so please report back.

Thanks for your answer! I'll try this and report... Where can I find the kexts from 10.6.7? I've searched on the topic but didn't found them... Google?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:03:05 PM by tdecumont » Logged
tdecumont
Not Newbie

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »

I've think about it, can I use the kexts from Time machine???
calvintml

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2011, 01:59:05 PM »

I've think about it, can I use the kexts from Time machine???

Here you go.  Again, not sure if this will work so make sure you back up.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5dprqu6hywu2idw
Pegasusrjf
Not Newbie

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »

Assuming you are using Lion, download the Info.plist from this post: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1069.0.html
go to terminal and type:
sudo -s
enter your password, then move to the directory in which you downloaded the Info.plist file and enter the following:
Code:
mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist.orignal
mv Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext/Contents/
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext

restart your computer

I will give this a try, thanks.

Does my 5870 need to be flashed, or can it stay original
calvintml

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »

Does my 5870 need to be flashed, or can it stay original
not necessary to flash, but geekbench/steam will crash unless you inject Uakari (you can use aty_init or efi flashing)
tdecumont
Not Newbie

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »

Hello,

I've tried to change the kexts using those from 8th june in my time machine : I've just copy/paste them on my Desktop, then drag & drop them in the System/Library/Extension folder (I've done a back-up of the original ones). After this, a message appeared on my screen saying that the kexts were not usable because they were not installed properly. I've restarted my MacPro but my screens stay black... So I'll try to reboot from snow leopard disk and restore from time machine. I hope it will work... How should I do to replace properly the kexts? use the terminal I suppose?

By the way, the mediafire link is broken, do my kexts from time machine are usable/correct?

Thanks again!
`

Tanguy
tdecumont
Not Newbie

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

It doesn't work...

When I try to boot from Snow Leo instal disc, my screens stay black... I'l try with the original graphic card, maybe this will work... If not I will use another macpro and reinstall Snow leo on my hard drive!

calvintml

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »

Hello,

I've tried to change the kexts using those from 8th june in my time machine : I've just copy/paste them on my Desktop, then drag & drop them in the System/Library/Extension folder (I've done a back-up of the original ones). After this, a message appeared on my screen saying that the kexts were not usable because they were not installed properly. I've restarted my MacPro but my screens stay black... So I'll try to reboot from snow leopard disk and restore from time machine. I hope it will work... How should I do to replace properly the kexts? use the terminal I suppose?

By the way, the mediafire link is broken, do my kexts from time machine are usable/correct?

Thanks again!
`

Tanguy

after you installed the kexts you should have repaired permissions and cleared caches otherwise it won't work:
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*

if you boot with your other card (non ATI?) and do this, you shoudl give it a try again
tdecumont
Not Newbie

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »

My other card is the original one from the mac pro : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT...
I'll try tomorow, now I go to sleep !! Jetlag.... Roll Eyes

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

calvintml

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2011, 09:53:47 PM »

My other card is the original one from the mac pro : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT...
I'll try tomorow, now I go to sleep !! Jetlag.... Roll Eyes

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

I just tried it myself. It kinda worked. I needed to also replace atiradeonx3000.kext but I only got things to work in safe mode. So probably not worth your time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: