netkas.org forum
October 17, 2019, 09:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: displayport working with 5xxx cards and sandybridge (and Lion too?) ATI drivers  (Read 85559 times)
MacRoy
Not Newbie

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 10:01:13 PM »

to have aty_init working on macpro you just need to add own bios dump(as hex string) to Info.plist to  section corresponding to your videocard.

Keyname - ATY,bin_image , key type - data.

Hi netcas!

Could you please do it for me, and include that string into ATY_init for my Sapphire 6870?

Attached Sapphire_HD6870.bin

Sincerely,

MacRoy

if you can't be bothered to spell his name correctly, why should he do anything for you?

that thing behind your eyes is a brain...use it

Have you ever spelled wrong at some point!
I apologize for that!
I ask again, if I knew I would never have asked.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:56:34 AM by MacRoy » Logged
calvintml

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »

Guys, I have an HIS 5450 (0x68F9) with a DVI, DisplayPort and VGA connector that I've been trying to use with a 27" Cinema display. I was able to pretty easily add my PCI ID to the 10.6.7 iMac update kext and enable DVI output, but have been unsuccessful to ever get my DisplayPort connection working. After doing some other reading over at tonymacx86 I realize that I'm just using the normal ATIFrameBuffer so I'm unclear based on the other posts in this thread how I may get my DisplayPort working. Could someone please help me out? I purchased an XFX 6750 card with a Mini DisplayPort connector thinking that it was my DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort cable that was the problem, but was never able to even get it working at native resolution via DVI. I don't do any gaming since this is a work machine. I just want to get my Cinema display working via the DisplayPort with the correct FrameBuffer. If I can get it working with the 5450 card, I'll be willing to donate my 6750 to "science" by sending it along to the appropriate genius in this forum. Thanks!

keep using iMac sandybridge 10.6.7 ATI kexts
replace binary in ATI5000Controller.kext with each of the 6 binaries (linked below) I made for you until one works (actually go ahead and test them all if you can, and make sure you rename them to ATI5000Controller).
inject "Hoolock" using a graphics injector
report back

try 1:  http://www.mediafire.com/?gz0wffpzmgprwta
try 2:  http://www.mediafire.com/?dk4p3qoro2o2uxe
try 3:  http://www.mediafire.com/?41g44ws54e6g45i
try 4:  http://www.mediafire.com/?xtz7w4q9q1f1z1k
try 5:  http://www.mediafire.com/?k2e16hteb2w58ca
try 6:  http://www.mediafire.com/?j1t4k5qy40wszch
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:14:13 PM by calvintml » Logged
joetazz

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out. I've installed the ATI Graphics Update in 10.6.7 on mac pro 1.1. The 5770 works through the DVI ports.
But I have the same issue as described in the first post, The mini display port is recognized but no display comes up on the screen (attached screenshot).
I have tried searching the threads on this forum to make sense of how to do whats described in the first post but I am still confused.
If someone could direct me on how to inject Hoolock which I presume I need to do? and edit ATI5000Controller as described in this thread it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

* Screen shot 2011-06-04 at 17.26.18.png (27.53 KB, 382x352 - viewed 777 times.)
Rominator

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »

easier to just use regular drivers and an EFI ROM on card.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
joetazz

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »

Thank you for the reply, That seems easier as I know there are good threads on flashing. Is there a particular Rom you would suggest for my case? I didn't realize anyone had got the Mini display port working with a Rom? Thanks
joetazz

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

So I created a rom using the guide and the mini display port works in windows but only DVI works in OSX. When creating the 5770 ROM would it work using hoolock instead of vervet efi?
Rominator

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »

did you remember to switch back to regular drivers?

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
joetazz

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »

Wow I did not think about that. It all seems to be working through mini displayport with sounds on usb with original drivers. Thank you so much for your help. I was going to give in and buy an apple version tomorrow. Do you think there will be some sort of OSX update which will remove this capability? Thanks again.
Rominator

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »

hopefully not.

glad I could help

please do something nice for someone else today (help old lady across street, feed a stray puppy, etc)

nihil

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 11:36:35 PM »

Hi, all i read here seems so interesting and I'd really like to apply that... but idon't know how to do...
I try to open ATIController binary in HexEdit but i can't find how to switch personalities between Holoock and Vervet (keeping from Vervet 2 DVI and DP).
If you could explain how i must do or give me a tool with i can understand better what i've got to change
Thx in advance (& sorry for my english...)
calvintml

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 12:21:31 AM »

are you trying to get a displayport monitor to work as one of two monitors? or are you trying to get three monitors to work simulatenously?
nihil

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 12:49:12 AM »

Well both but for two different cards for two different machines  :

i've got one XFX 5770 single slot with miniDP and i'd like to use it with Apple Cinema Display 24 as before

and one Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X that i'd like to use with 3 displays (2 Dvi & 1 DP)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:08:33 PM by nihil » Logged
calvintml

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »

i've got one XFX 5770 single slot with miniDP and i'd like to use it with Apple Cinema Display 24 as before
In this case, look here: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,980.0.html
That fix doesn't require hexedit, and you can make the changes simply using a plain text editor

and one Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X that i'd like to use with 3 displays (2 Dvi & 1 DP)
for this you will have to stick with 10.6.7 kexts for now.  also, make sure you are injecting the correct bios for your card.
nihil

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »

Thanks calvinhtml !!!
I just find time today to try your method for my XFX 5770 (changing Vervet's references by Hoolock's references in ATI5000Controller and mis-spelling Hoolock to Hooloc) and it works just fine for my MiniDP and my Apple Cinema 24 !
For my other card, still with 10.6.7 kexts...
Thank you again, hope you and others will find something to definitively solve this issue in the future...
If i can help you (ioregs or stuff like that) just tell me how
redratto

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »

calvintml, thanks for your posts. 

I got the MiniDP working on Lion with my XFX HD-577X-ZMF3.  In ATI5000Controller.kext, I edited Info.plist by replacing Langur with Vervet (or I guess adding Vervet).  Full acceleration.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: