netkas.org forum
October 20, 2019, 08:00:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Booting GPT  (Read 5241 times)
PolyPill

« on: January 03, 2008, 07:39:44 AM »

So maybe I missed this but I couldn't find any info on how to do this.

There doesn't seem to be a way to convert MBR to GUID so it seems like you have to do a fresh install to set the disk as GUID.

I have issues with ToH install, basically when its done the /usr/misc/start.sh script doesn't work properly but if I boot the dvd and run it 1 step at a time it goes and if I'm using MBR everything is happy. So I do this step on my new GUID install.

Then I boot off the DVD again, copy dsmos.kext and set the permissions but I don't change to a vanilla kernel since it is my understanding the system should still work with the hacked ToH one. Probably also don't have to copy dsmos.kext buut figured it wont hurt.

Then I unmount my target disk and run the startupfiletool on it, everything seems to be ok, I reboot and it sits at a blank screen like it didn't find the boot loader. I've done all this on an MBR install and it works fine.

What am I missing? It appears that most people get GUID working by having a 2nd MBR Leopard installed but I don't have another hard drive to do that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: