netkas.org forum
February 24, 2020, 03:39:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get this XFX Card working in a Mac Pro 2009-2010-2012 with Mavericks  (Read 5405 times)
3xploit_Infinit3

« on: August 30, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »

Hi everyone ,

My name is Andrew , I'm new and I was wondering some help or at least a way/how to for me to be able to get this XFX Double-D AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB Graphics Card working in my MacPro 5.1  8 core running Mavericks 10.9.4 .

So I inspected the HD7xxxController.Kext in the system folder and I was able to see that my card is in there numbered has ( Id 0x679A1002 ) , now what I'd like to know is how can I get this done to my Graphics , I did purchase that graphics card 3 month ago and I did all research for it ( Google I know is my friend ...) but I was unable to find something clear about the process . I'd like to add that i'm stuck with this card actually and I won't be able to use it in my mac until I find some charitable souls to help me out .

I'd like to say that English is not my main language and I want to apologize for the way I was describing my issues .

I hope somebody will take a time to help me I'm also going to attach a screen shoot of the HD7000Controller.kext My card's id is grayed , I'm sure it would help a few of you who understand better than me .
I'd would like to say that I'm really passionate on everything related computer PC or Mac whatever and I wouldn't mind helping here and there people that need help as well and I'd like to be a part of this community too .

Thanks a lot for your help guy thanks in advance .

[attachment deleted by admin]

* IMG_1513.JPG (140.24 KB, 720x540 - viewed 852 times.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:43:24 PM by 3xploit_Infinit3 » Logged
Tamanhung

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:31:54 AM »

I know weird. But it work.
tedtvinc

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »

How did you get your AMD HD 7970 to work? I just put in this post but no answers:

I bought this AMD Radeon HD 7970 for my Mid 2010 tower running Yosemite and 32GB of RAM back in January of this year. From Ebay. I know, mistake. Seller had listed as new but research of serial number showed NewEgg refurbished. It only worked flawlessly with FCPX & my system for two months. Lemon and past warranty. So, before I give up on it I need to see if its something I'm doing or is the card really a lemon and I'm out of $500 bucks.

1. The card is in the 16x slot with my RAID on the 14x slot
2. It will cause my dual screens to flicker, then both go white, and reboots (see pic below)
3. At launch the apple logo appears but is distorted (see pic below)
4. If I'm just browsing the system will reboot after 30 to 40 minutes of use.
5. If editing with FCPX the system will reboot after 5 min
6. If I let the computer stay on all day it will crash and reboot several times per day
7. If I remove the Radeon HD 7970 and put in an older Nvidia Quadro 1700 or ATI 5770 no issues at all. No reboots. No crashes

Questions:
1. I have it connected with the two power cables to the two slots in my Mac. Should I be using an external power supply though?
2. Is there some AMD software I need to maybe software control or correct the flicker & reboot issues?
3. Is it in the wrong PCIe slot? Should it go in a 4x or the 14x?
4. Are there some terminal tricks to fix AMD Radeon cards?
5. Help Help Help!!

I'd love to use this instead of my stock ATI 5770. If I can't get help here I'll suck it up and buy another ATI 5770 and run with two of those. Appreciate any assistance and pics attached.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: