netkas.org forum
February 24, 2020, 04:19:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tahiti XTL on Hackintosh maverick 10.9.2  (Read 9776 times)
aberracus
Not Newbie

« on: July 08, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »

Hi guys is possible to use Tahiti XTL cards on Hackintosh running maverick? and Yosemite?

i have got a new one for my Hackintosh running 10.9.2 but it doesn't start with this video card, it stop just before launching the desktop, i can start the system with -x without problem but thats no game.

please need some light here, im so lost...

I tried to change the firmware to the one of my other video card (a radeon r9 280x XT on another hackintosh) but i discovered the firmware says Tahiti XTL and i aborted (didn't proceed) the firmware change. Could i have changed the firmware?

thanks in advance

PD Both cards are XFX R9 280x one i brought last year, the other one (XTL) a week ago

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:14:21 AM by aberracus » Logged
aberracus
Not Newbie

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:21:03 PM »

He y guys, please, at least i just want to know if the Tahití xtl from the news R9 280x works OOB in hackintosh?

I have seen a lot of people here buying the Gigabyte rev 2, that one works OOB on hackintosh? Works on 10.9.4 ? Works in Yosemite?

Thanks in advance guys
aberracus
Not Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »

Please nobody?

Wich actual model of Radeon 980x works out of the box on hackintosh? the Gigabyte?

please help

aberracus
Not Newbie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:26:40 PM »

UPDATE

ok i tired with 10.9.4 no go it just doesn't show desktop, i exchanged the bios to a non XTL bios of the same card manufacturer and model, (my other working card) and it starts but hangs in a blue/green screen (maybe maverick default desktop in 8 pixels ?) anyway it hangs, tried with netkas R9 290x drivers... and didn't work either.

Whats the problema the XFX R9 280x ? or the XTL chipset?

anyone using a Gigabyte R9280x with XTL chipset in a hackintosh?

Please help

jasonsansone
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »

The problem isn't the XTL card, it is the XFX nonstandard framer buffers.  Most mackintosh communities recommend against any XFX cards.  I have a XFX 270X which behaves similarly in a Hack.    Also, if you are using a hack, have you worked through all the other issues related to R9 cards?  If you are using Chimera you may encounter the boot0 gibberish issue.
aberracus
Not Newbie

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »

Hi, im using chimera but with the EFI boot partition trick, thats works perfect.

The strange thing is i have a 2013 XFX r9 280x which works just perfect (knock on wood) so i though that the problem was the XTL version, but your answer has helped me a lot.

Now, why my XFX r9 280x works?

thanks for your time   jasonsansone

Rominator

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 08:01:35 AM »

I ordered some XFX R9 280Xs, they flashed and worked beautifully in Mac when flashed. Sent them to Barefeats.com for testing.

I ordered a few more and they WOULD NOT BOOT with their own BIOS in Mac.

I had to spend hours modding a Visiontek BIOS to run them.

Just like back in 4870 days....first their 1GB 4870 was best.....then they became the worst. (XWFC nearly useless in a Mac)

I would avoid any current XFX R9 280X cards for OS X at this point.

MSI seems fine, so does Sapphire.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: