netkas.org forum
December 11, 2017, 04:26:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unapproved Caller: SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple  (Read 6930 times)
mrctll

« on: March 18, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »

My hackintosh occasionally presents this error, I wanted to make a clone (CCC) of two disks via SATA AHCI. I bought a bigger SSD. Operation failed the system would not start. I had to copy the SSD via USB 2.0. And now i have this trouble.

Is there any fix...

Internet solutions are confusing and difficult to understand, and my knowledge reaches some terminal commands to be typed.

Example found on the net:
So admittedly, this answer isn’t going to help most of you that have encountered this. Unless you happen to fall within that 1% that, like me, have a tendency to treat their mac a bit more like a linux box.

In my particular case, I had been messing with the sudoers file.. Effectively I had gotten the syntax right, but I had inadvertently limited the %wheel% group to just one command.. so visudo was happy to save the file for me, but once the damage was done there was no going back.

In the past I had run into a similar problem, and the answer was to open the Finder, go to the /etc folder, and modify the permissions on /etc/sudoers so that I could edit it.  However since Mavericks, this does not seem to be possible.  Now whenever I tried to do anything that required elevated privileges I would click the lock button and then encounter that dreadful error message, “Unapproved Caller: SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple”.  How terribly unhelpful.

After much googling I realized that I was never going to find a workaround while the box was online, so I simply rebooted it into single user mode (apple-S on startup), and then manually fixed the sudoers file.  Problem solved.
mrctll

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »

Unfortunately, this error is due to a disk failure. In my case, I copied from one SSD OCZ to another one SAMSUNG840EVO. The TRIM function must be different for the two disks. In launching the SAMSUNG840EVO disk to the computer seemed to be broken or not working. So I started the computer with the OCZ disk, i connected externally the SAMSUNG840EVO disk and I reinstalled 10.9.2 Combo Update that resets the trim function. Now the SAMSUNG84OEVO runs like lightning.

Scusate il mio inglese .... mi restano sempre i permessi sbagliati degli ACLs. E con l'hackintosh non riesco a fare il cambio di password a causa del firmware!!!

Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: