netkas.org forum
July 21, 2017, 09:44:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35
  Print  
Author Topic: make your own radeon HD 5770/5870/6870/6850 Mac ROM!  (Read 478529 times)
TheGoog

« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2017, 02:14:54 AM »

Hmm, strange. Tomorrow i will make a backup, of the rom of my own Asus EAX.5870.

It has bootscreen, i can confirm that much.
When i am finished with that, i will repost the rom.

UPDATE: I found the rom of the modified Asus EAX5870 on my MacPro and checked it.

This one is working on my graphics card, including bootscreen.

Just gave this one a go, still no bootscreen. Is there any particular flashing commands I should be using, or should it have been a simple flash and reboot?

I do appreciate the assistance very much.
vinnie1978

« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2017, 11:03:20 AM »

I prefer atiflash for dos, for flashing my videocards.
I flash the cards with the following commands:

atiflash -i = finding out the adapternumber, in case you are using multiple videocards in the same system

atiflash -p 0 romname -f

the zero is the adapternumber.

TheGoog

« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »

I prefer atiflash for dos, for flashing my videocards.
I flash the cards with the following commands:

atiflash -i = finding out the adapternumber, in case you are using multiple videocards in the same system

atiflash -p 0 romname -f

the zero is the adapternumber.

These are the same commands I followed, but running from ATIWinFlash through CMD. I'll give a try through DOS on a normal PC after work today.
TheGoog

« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2017, 01:58:48 AM »

Alrighty, still a no-go. I've flashed through atiflash using the exact commands, and still no bootscreen. In fact I don't even get into Windows or OSX with the 870 if the first slot at all now. Just constant reboots.

EDIT: Just notice that in the system profiler, the GPU is now showing an EFI Driver Version:

Not sure if this was here before... this a good sign or am I being falsely hopeful?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:42:43 AM by TheGoog » Logged
vinnie1978

« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »

We are sharing the same EFI driver version, so that's ok. Do you have second monitor available that you can test.

I see you have a cinemadisplay connected, my monitor is a Samsung VGA, connected with a DVI-VGA converter to the DVI port of the graphics card.

UPDATE

The rom i posted yesterday , was found on my mac pro. I thought it was the same as on my EAH 5870 i was using.
 Angry

This evening i backupped the rom of my Asus EAH 5870, and compared it to the earlier posted rom.
Surprise!!! They are not the same.

I will post the rom , that i am using right this moment. Thereby, it is confirmed that it's working.

* ASUS EAH 5870.rom (128 KB - downloaded 65 times.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:51:26 AM by vinnie1978 » Logged
TheGoog

« Reply #485 on: March 09, 2017, 04:44:42 AM »

We are sharing the same EFI driver version, so that's ok. Do you have second monitor available that you can test.

I see you have a cinemadisplay connected, my monitor is a Samsung VGA, connected with a DVI-VGA converter to the DVI port of the graphics card.

UPDATE

The rom i posted yesterday , was found on my mac pro. I thought it was the same as on my EAH 5870 i was using.
 Angry

This evening i backupped the rom of my Asus EAH 5870, and compared it to the earlier posted rom.
Surprise!!! They are not the same.

I will post the rom , that i am using right this moment. Thereby, it is confirmed that it's working.

Flashed this, still no boot screen on DVI. I don't have a VGA screen to test with yet, may take a few days for that. Incidentally, I don't get DP or HDMI image either after booting up into OSX. OSX will see there's a screen attached, recognise the make/model and give it's correct resolution, but no image gets passed through, just a black screen. Any clue about that?
vinnie1978

« Reply #486 on: March 09, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »

A flashed videocard will not always support all ports available on the flashed videocard.
I think it has got something to do with variations of the Pc-version with the existing mac videocard.
The 5870 has a lot ot different pc cards, i'm happy with the ports that are working.

If you want to know more about this, i think you should look at the radeon port mapping thread.

I flashed this videocard because i had it laying around doing nothing. I have only used the DVI-port.

The .rom i used came of this forum.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:17:29 PM by vinnie1978 » Logged
TheGoog

« Reply #487 on: March 09, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »

A flashed videocard will not always support all ports available on the flashed videocard.
I think it has got something to do with variations of the Pc-version with the existing mac videocard.

If you want to know more about this, i think you should look at the radeon port mapping thread.

I flashed this videocard because i had it laying around doing nothing. I have only used the DVI-port.

The .rom i used came of this forum.

Fair enough. If I can get it working with VGA, I can be happy with that. The card only cost me $25.
leo1984

« Reply #488 on: March 09, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »

hi guys, i have a Sapphire Toxic HD5850 1gb version, and recently i bought a mac 5,1. is there any possibility to get the screen boot with that card? now the video signal is available starting with the login screen (not before) and the card is read in the system as a ATI 5000....
anyone could help me?
vinnie1978

« Reply #489 on: March 09, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »

There is a topic from 2013 http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=597.0 , in which Blacksheep made the custom roms for these cards.
leo1984

« Reply #490 on: March 09, 2017, 07:14:52 PM »

There is a topic from 2013 http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=597.0 , in which Blacksheep made the custom roms for these cards.

It doesn't seem the same board as mine, in my toxyc 5850 I've got 4 ports: 2 x DVI 1 x HDMI 1 x DisplayPort, while the Radeon 5850 Xtreme 1GB of the link you posted has only 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI and 1 x DVI.
I'm not absolutely an expert, do you think that will not cause any problem?
Anyway I've already posted in that topic but unfortunately I have not received any answer... Sad
vinnie1978

« Reply #491 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:12 AM »

pc cards come in many variations, and differ in ports to the Mac versions.
Therefore, it it is possible that after flashing the card to Mac.efi  not every port will give signal.

You have the biggest chance of success, with a reference model of a videocard.
The link to the page could be helpful, the efi part that will be added to the vbios part.

The efipart for every 5850 is therefore the same, that's why it is so important, that you post the original rom of your videocard.
This way you get a completely custom rom, for your videocard.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:20:54 PM by vinnie1978 » Logged
leo1984

« Reply #492 on: March 10, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »

pc cards come in many variations, and differ in ports to the Mac versions.
Therefore, it it is possible that after flashing the card to Mac.efi  not every port will give signal.

You have the biggest chance of success, with a reference model of a videocard.
The link to the page could be helpful, the efi part that will be added to the vbios part.

Te efipart for every 5850 is therefore the same, that's why it is so important, that you post the original rom of your videocard.
This way you get a completely custom rom, for your videocard.

that's encouraging! said that could you help me in doing that? i mena making the custom rom, or should i just try to flash my card with that bios?
vinnie1978

« Reply #493 on: March 10, 2017, 04:23:41 PM »

you could flash with the mac5850.rom.
If it doesn't work, you'll need a custom rom specific for your videocard supplier and model.
zondas

« Reply #494 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18:32 AM »

Hi Guys

I have a HD5770 mit DVI HDMI DP.I build a ROM with FLOR!an Rom , but there is no Bootscreen on DVI HDMI or DP.Can you help me.I add my original Rom.FLOR!an can you pls send me a EFI-Rom for this to get a Bootscreen.And how can you do it.Can you make a Video , how do you mod. the EFI to get Bootscreen.

* bios.rom (128 KB - downloaded 8 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35
  Print  

Jump to: