netkas.org forum
October 17, 2018, 10:30:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.1 Macbook Pro 17 inch Hi Res  (Read 2511 times)
blakehoo

« on: June 08, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »

Thanks for the cool ideas I've gotten here!  They have altered the way I think about things (at least about things mac.) 
We're using 17 inch macbook pro's in the field for video work.  I have an early 2008 2.5 GHz 4.1 mac with high resolution screen and the upgrade 2010 Nvidia graphics chip.  These are the last laptops with field replaceable batteries and have the same screen resolution as the final 17 inch macbook pro.  Anyway, they are good, rugged little units and available now for around US$600.00 as off lease Apple refurbished with warranty.  Upgrading with SSD drives helps them to boot quickly and just scream along.  Trouble is, they are limited to 6 GB memory.  Is there anyway to upgrade the firmware in these boogers?     I can just taste one ...with 8GB memory and a T9900 CU replacing the T9300.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: