netkas.org forum
August 19, 2019, 04:21:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I right in thinking… trying to flash XFX 5770 in MacPro 4,1  (Read 5286 times)
evo

« on: December 20, 2010, 05:28:08 AM »

First of all, thanks Netkas for running this forum, much appreciated by many!

second, I just bought an XFX 5770 (model HD-577A-ZNFR) for my MacPro Early 2009 as my 4870 (that came with the Mac) is possibly on it's way out.  I bought the card from Best Buy as they have no return fee now (!) and figured i'd try and save some cash over the  cards.

Am I right in thinking that the only way to flash this card would be to use Windows/DOS?  I was hoping I could use Zeus but apparently it doesn't work with the 5xxx series cards?  I have a software RAID for my drives so cannot use bootcamp (i'm assuming VMWare Fusion wouldn't do the job also?).  I'm basically not going to be able to do this am i? Sad

Thanks for any help guys!
Rominator

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:07:01 AM »

FreeDOS CD

Google is your friend

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: