netkas.org forum
September 19, 2018, 10:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7xxx rom creating test.  (Read 600830 times)
Rominator

« Reply #645 on: March 29, 2018, 08:18:43 PM »

You need to read the “port mapping” thread.

No known way to mod outputs in EFI, just the BIOS.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
yzfnyc
Not Newbie

« Reply #646 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »

You need to read the “port mapping” thread.

No known way to mod outputs in EFI, just the BIOS.

Thanks @Rominator I figured that would be the case.  Just thought EFI would have some sort of port mapping too.
osxfr33k

« Reply #647 on: July 01, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »

@Rominator,

Sorry to bother you with this but if you can will you have a look at this mod.  I read through this entire thread and I think the process went fine but it still boots to black screen.  I am just using the DVI port.   Its a Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 6GB with a push button DUal Bios.  Factory default is with button out no LED and pushed in LED lit would be for flashing custom Roms, unless I have this completely wrong?

Attached are Original and EFI Rom's.  Thanks for having a look.

Edited:

I sorted this out the push button should be in the out position unlit LED is the position the Bios is unlocked for Custom Roms.   Only the White VGA port is working the Black DVI is not, checking other ports but from what I have read HDMI will not work not sure about the two mini display ports yet.  I'll look for the thread on port remapping

* Tahiti.rom.zip (41.18 KB - downloaded 25 times.)
* Tahiti.rom.efi.rom.zip (88.25 KB - downloaded 35 times.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:43:23 PM by osxfr33k » Logged
Rominator

« Reply #648 on: July 02, 2018, 02:22:52 AM »

Please remember since I am not looking at this with your eyes:

Only the White VGA port is working the Black DVI is not

I have no idea what this means. Does it have a variety of ports in various colors?

For the (exactly) 1 Millionth Time, Tahiti cards are only good choices when their ports MATCH the reference card. So, 2 @ MDP, 1 @ HDMI and 1 @ DVI.

Single DP cards almost never work, before or after flash. But to make life more complicated, some do.

But if your card really has a VGA port, good luck. The color makes no difference WHATSOEVER.

I did the best I could. If this doesn't work, you will have to find which ports work and use those.

* 7970tahini.rom.zip (85.45 KB - downloaded 55 times.)

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
owbp
Not Newbie

« Reply #649 on: July 02, 2018, 12:07:18 PM »

For the (exactly) 1 Millionth Time
Thanks again  Cheesy

I was wondering why was there so many posts in the last few weeks, here in and on MR, where people are complaining about their 2xDVI, HDMI and DP Tahiti cards, when all of this is on the first few pages of EVERY relevant thread.
osxfr33k

« Reply #650 on: July 02, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »

Thanks again  Cheesy

I was wondering why was there so many posts in the last few weeks, here in and on MR, where people are complaining about their 2xDVI, HDMI and DP Tahiti cards, when all of this is on the first few pages of EVERY relevant thread.

My fault its the white port as you say that works the black one does not.  I don't know why it says VGA written on the metal below the white port, its not VGA its a digital port so I am lost on that one.
Rominator

« Reply #651 on: July 02, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »

Thanks again  Cheesy

My fault its the white port as you say that works the black one does not.  I don't know why it says VGA written on the metal below the white port, its not VGA its a digital port so I am lost on that one.

OK, one more time.

If you don't post a pic, we have literally NO FUCKING IDEA what you are talking about describing the multi-colored rainbow of ports you (and you alone) see.

Please stop posting until you can help us, help you.

If you can't name the ports beyond what color they are, you aren't helping AT ALL.

Do some research and post constructive, intelligent posts, or go away.

But do try the rom, it's the best you'll get for that card.

This reminds me of playing with my 1 year old niece. She covers her eyes and believes if she can't see you, you can't see her. The concept that others are not seeing the world through her eyes doesn't register. Same thing here. Telling us the color of a port does NOT tell us what kind of port it is.

Imagine I say "flash the blue rom, not the red one".

Please read my sig, help us out here.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:44:05 PM by Rominator » Logged

osxfr33k

« Reply #652 on: July 03, 2018, 02:31:16 AM »

Thanks again  Cheesy

My fault its the white port as you say that works the black one does not.  I don't know why it says VGA written on the metal below the white port, its not VGA its a digital port so I am lost on that one.

OK, one more time.

If you don't post a pic, we have literally NO FUCKING IDEA what you are talking about describing the multi-colored rainbow of ports you (and you alone) see.

Please stop posting until you can help us, help you.

If you can't name the ports beyond what color they are, you aren't helping AT ALL.

Do some research and post constructive, intelligent posts, or go away.

But do try the rom, it's the best you'll get for that card.

This reminds me of playing with my 1 year old niece. She covers her eyes and believes if she can't see you, you can't see her. The concept that others are not seeing the world through her eyes doesn't register. Same thing here. Telling us the color of a port does NOT tell us what kind of port it is.

Imagine I say "flash the blue rom, not the red one".

Please read my sig, help us out here.

Very Sorry about that!  See Pic, under that white connector written on the metal says VGA.  If I modify your file with RBE7 will that effect the EFI portion of the rom.  I used it to change the Custom Fan settings/temperature.  I have also read there is a bundle version 2, is the link to the OP the latest package?

Thanks Again!!

Edited:

The white port now not working with the Rom you attached, black one no change as it was with my rom.  I'll try the other 3 ports as soon as the cables come in, but as you said before, HDMI will not work correct or this was corrected in your rom?  I am waiting on the Mini Display Port Cables to arrive.

Thanks Again!

* Sapphire-Vapor-X-HD7970 6GB.jpg (239.54 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 159 times.)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:41:21 AM by osxfr33k » Logged
Rominator

« Reply #653 on: July 03, 2018, 08:03:27 AM »

Both the white and black ports are DVI.

It is quite expected that a flashed version of this card will have only one work.

The HDMI might work using a different frame buffer.

The two mini-displayports should work.

They might even work for HDMI or DVI if used with passive adapter.

The way to tell if an EFI has worked is if you see a grey boot screen and if the name of the card is Radeon 7970. Before it is flasdhed it will be 7xxx.

Should always use reference design when possible, will typically have better results.

Good luck.

MriX

« Reply #654 on: July 25, 2018, 07:31:56 PM »

@Rominator
I'm about to flash a MSI R9 280X. I have carefully read the whole thread, but I have a few questions:

1. Should I change all zeros after the Bios part (first 65536 bytes) to FF? The script from netkas leaves the zeros in there, but you said in one post that these should be changed to FF.
Is this totally irrelevant, or does this have a special meaning?

2. I compared the different available Mac EFI roms in part two (next 65536 bytes) and they are all different in some parts (not only the device id). Should I use the EFI part from netkas script, your uploaded 7950 or your uploaded 7970 rom? And why are they all different when there is only one official mac EFI rom (7950)?

Thank you in advance!
thebart123
Not Newbie

« Reply #655 on: August 14, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »

Hi there Smiley

I've got crazy problem with my HIS IceQ Radeon 7950 3GB.

At beginning I wish to say I've successfully done flash MIS 7850 and PowerColor 7950.

So with IceQ problem is.... fans full on (because I guess in Windows it is say no reading temperature which shows 0 degree) - but I got Apple Boot Logo and works great in macOS and Windows - just fans full on - no matter if with UEFI or without.

Then I got BIOS from...... my other IceQ (same looking and same model) but with little bit different CRC checksum - and... fans become quiet on this BIOS - ....... BUT it does not boot to macOS - and to be more crazy - it is booting to Windows! And again - does not matter if with or without UEFI.

At the moment I've stuck with BIOS switch 1: Apple Boot Logo and fans full on and BIOS switch 2: quiet fans BUT able to boot to Windows only.

I've downloaded even official BIOS from https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/135633/his-hd7950-3072-121205       no success
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]
  Print  

Jump to: