netkas.org forum
May 25, 2019, 12:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: steer me in the right direction! somewhat unique situation! 5870/macpro3,1 SL  (Read 3228 times)
ian.vanopijnen

« on: December 06, 2012, 03:39:04 AM »

hello all! this forum is awesome and i appreciate any help you guys can give!  ive been reading and reading and i think im pretty sure i can figure things out...but my situation is.   i have a mac pro 3,1 running 10.6.8, and it MUST stay like that for some time (its a recording studio computer)  now i have aquired a XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 (HD-587X-ZNDC) for almost nothing.   now i DONT need a boot screen, i dont really need dvd player functionality. and dont even NEED it to work for mac os, (the 2600xt) works fine for audio work!  Wink  and after doing alot of reading about the 5870s and differend OSs...ive only gotten more confused about lion and the 5870 cards, if lion makes an unflashed pc card work (does it?), could i potentially dual boot/tri boot,   do audio recording on SL, and games in lion/windows and not have to flash at all?     or should i go ahead and just do the flash procedure thats in this forum for the 5870?   
thanks! and sorry for the noobish questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: