netkas.org forum
October 01, 2020, 02:14:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia ROM work...Overclock? More Voltage? I can show you how...but I need help  (Read 11822 times)
Rominator

« on: October 06, 2010, 06:58:47 AM »

I have been frustrated many times by lack of progress on Nvidia ROMs.

While ATI EFI ROMs exist independent of their PC BIOS and seem to be able to parse the BIOS "on the fly", the Nvidia ROMs have not been so easy.

I NEED a Quadro 4800 ROM for Mac to test some theories.

Meanwhile, if anyone shows interest, I can show you how to mod the clocks and even up the voltage on your Nvidia card. This works on 7300, 8800GT/GTS and even the GTX285.

You can dump your ROM, mod it, and reflash all from the comfort of OSX.

I have gotten the GT120 EFI de-compressed (with help) and will hopefully soon have GTX285 decompressed.

Netkas is very busy so I don't expect him to solve this puzzle for us.

But someone else could help.

BTW, I discovered today that G80 cards also work using ATY_Init. So, basically ALL Nvidia cards can run in OSX with a little help.

If we could sew those EFI files, we could literally have almost no limits to Nvidia cards (ROM chip size being the next problem)

Anyone ready for some simple hex lessons?

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Bolle

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:37:14 AM »

still need the quadro ROM?

got someone who has a mac quadro sitting around. i assume he could just use GPU-Z on his windows machine to dump the rom?
Rominator

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »

That would work.

I have the Quadro 4500 and 5600 roms, just need the 4800. It is the one based on the GT200 cards like GTX285, etc.

So if your friend has that card. great. Would LOVE to get the ROM.

Can also be done in OSX via Zeus (if only Nvidia card in machine) or I can send a small terminal flash app that can dump in OSX no matter HOW many Nvidia cards are in.

This is the card:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_4800_for_mac_us.html

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Bolle

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:07:32 PM »

he only got a PC now and got the card lying around form back when he had a Mac Pro.

gonna ask him if he can do me a favour and send me the rom.
terramir
Not Newbie

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 03:12:45 AM »

hey in this thread I posted the rom's for the gt330M and my gt220M there less than 64 kb the mac card same core (gt216) and same amount of processors etc.(48,16,4)  anyway after u rominator posted on my thread I searched the net for the gt330m rom and a way to dump mine the result is posted in this thread http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,406.0.html this might be a way to unlock h264 acceleration, also since both the foreign and the apple rom are under 64kb it might be a cheap card that is faster than the gt 120, and could be flashed for use in a macpro and it would unlock h.264 acceleration for macpro's, which means use the processor for something else instead of the video Cheesy
anyways rominator take a look Smiley
Maybe you can use the data for something.

terramir
hyper1943

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »

That would work.

I have the Quadro 4500 and 5600 roms, just need the 4800. It is the one based on the GT200 cards like GTX285, etc.

So if your friend has that card. great. Would LOVE to get the ROM.

Can also be done in OSX via Zeus (if only Nvidia card in machine) or I can send a small terminal flash app that can dump in OSX no matter HOW many Nvidia cards are in.

This is the card:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_4800_for_mac_us.html

Hello Rominator,

I know it's kinda rude. But I really need help here. Is it possible that you share the quadro FX5600 EFI ROM? It'd really help me out since we really don't have extra budget for one 5600 from apple store. It'd be very nice of you to do such. We really appreciate it.

Again, thank you very much.

Tony Young

hyper1943@gmail.com
Librarian580

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:24:56 AM »

The "Hex lessons" bit caught my attention... A shame this post is about 9 months late.

I take it though that if an Nvidia card can be ATY_Inited, then in theory an EFI Rom can be written for that card?
Denmaru
Not Newbie

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »

I'll have a look around, but I can't promise a thing. Helping each other out is what makes this Community so great.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: