netkas.org forum
August 24, 2019, 06:35:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond 5870  (Read 17274 times)
Ikyo

« on: September 16, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »

I saw the info on the 5770 working, but was wondering if anyone has gotten the 5870 working.  Are all cards still broken on boot with DVI?
Ikyo

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:10:47 PM »

Anyone with any ideas?
nekonoko
Not Newbie

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »

You can get early boot output via a DVI to VGA adapter on a 5870 which works well for reinstalling Mac OS X, troubleshooting, etc. Once Windows or Mac OS X boots, all display outputs work (DVI, HDMI and DP).
Rominator

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 06:41:06 PM »

I don't think this is true with all 5870s.

I have yet to see a boot screen on either XFX 5870 I have.

Have tried various adapters and ROMs. No joy yet but I haven't tried everything I guess.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
nekonoko
Not Newbie

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »

I have an XFX 5870 and it does work on mine; it may depend on what monitors you have attached and where (mine worked with only the DVI to VGA adapter connected to the 1st DVI port and no other displays).
Rominator

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »

Ha, you were right.

The newer XFX 5870 DOES have a boot screen on lower DVI via the VGA adapter.

Sadly it is the 640x480 sort of screen that indicates an EDID isn't making it to card, but a boot screen is better than NO boot screen.

If I have the 30" on the other DVI port there is no boot screen, so a bit of a nuisance but nice to know it is there if needed.

If we could decipher the sending of channels for EDID and display output we could fix this.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
macjunkie
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »

Ha, you were right.

The newer XFX 5870 DOES have a boot screen on lower DVI via the VGA adapter.

Sadly it is the 640x480 sort of screen that indicates an EDID isn't making it to card, but a boot screen is better than NO boot screen.

If I have the 30" on the other DVI port there is no boot screen, so a bit of a nuisance but nice to know it is there if needed.

If we could decipher the sending of channels for EDID and display output we could fix this.

Rominator,

In my testing with a game edition saphire hd 5870, The only way I can get boot screen is with one display connected via a dvi to vga adapter, The minute I connect a second display, boot screen doesn't work.

Have you tried one display with a dvi-vga adapter on your XFX cards? Maybe this applies to most flashed HD5870 at the moment.
macjunkie
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »

Rominator & Netkas!

excuse my ignorance! I am new to flashing, as most are. Reading through many posts & testing serveral cards. Want to try & help get to the bottom of non the non boot screen.

This may be a stupid question, but here we go.

You guys mention that when making your roms it doesn't matter when the EFI & MCuC is.

But what if we can stitch the EFI at the front of the rom? SO in theory the EFI is picked up first?
Ikyo

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 04:19:32 PM »

So minus the boot issue, this card will work fine?  I wanted to know before I bought one.
nekonoko
Not Newbie

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »

Probably best if you haven't bought a card yet to stick with something known to work, like the XFX card.  The Diamond *may* work just fine, but hasn't been verified as far as I'm aware.
ttetak

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 01:18:31 AM »

I have Diamond 5870 and Hackintosh, works with boot9 2 monitors 1920x1080; 2 dvi
cinebench 32 fps on 10.6.4, flashed with 587XZF18_uakari.rom , with this rom is very relevant for DIAMOND card
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:29:04 AM by ttetak » Logged
nekonoko
Not Newbie

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 01:21:35 AM »

Whether it works on a Hackintosh is completely irrelevant. This discussion concerns usage with a flashed EFI on a Mac Pro *only*.
ttetak

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 04:26:43 AM »

Sure, Earth is flat, SCIENCE 1k years ago,
Some people can't see 2 feet away, but they can see Moon
Apple fall, gravity or MacPro

irrelevant ? just 5% of white cells, if we can use 8% then He is genius !!!

First You must make first step to be able to make second, you can't make second step strait !
Happy New Year to All
kovakss

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »

Noob here.  Great work everyone, very appreciated.  I'm trying to flash my newly acquired Diamond HD 5870 for my MacPro.  I'm looking for the rom file 587XZF18_uakari.rom.  I've looked all over the netkas forums and googled it but was unable to find it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: