netkas.org forum
December 16, 2018, 07:33:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 5770 efi rom  (Read 342793 times)
Kant
Not Newbie

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »

Yep both DVI and HDMI (can't try the DP)

SKU is 11163-00-20R Sapphire Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
jjalling
Not Newbie

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 05:27:01 PM »

Anyone who knows how I can get DVI working on my 5770?

EDIT: Well never mind - it was a bad cable. I can confirm the card is working on DVI, DVI->VGA and HDMI.
EFI-boot is only DVI->VGA though.

/Jonas
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:38:55 PM by jjalling » Logged
netkas
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »

>EFI-boot is only DVI->VGA though.

that's interesting
lord anubis

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »

I have just bought a new gfx-card (XFX 5770 - HD-577A-ZNFA) for my MacPro1,1. After flashing the card with the m57702.ROM, I booted the machine with the SnowLeopard install disc. When I turned on the machine the grey boot-up screen with the Apple-logo (EFI ?) showed up.

It looks like it works! Currently the machine is running the SL-install - will report back when installation is finished.

Edit: It is only working when using a DVI -> VGA adapter. No screen-output when using DVI only.

/Jonas

Wow, this is great to hear.
I have a few questions.
The used rom is the one from netkas and edited by Rominator, rigth? to be sure!
HDMI with sound?
I will try this on a hackintosh.
Did you get the right updates by updating your OSX to 10.6.4.

Thank you all, Netkas, Rominator and you for this.
jjalling
Not Newbie

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »

Hi,

I have used the flash from Rominator (m57702.ROM). I don't know about sound through HDMI - haven't tried.
I haven't installed any updates yet, just installed OSX Snow Leopard and the card is working fine.

/Jonas
fraeone
Not Newbie

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »

m57702.rom as posted by Rominator using Netkas's EBC is working fine on my XFX 5770. Both DVI ports working, haven't tested HDMI. No boot screen of course.

Thanks for the good work guys!
lastExile
Global Moderator
Not Newbie

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:36 AM »

nice progress Smiley

Report all spam and i will take care of it
chipped

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:38:26 AM »

Were you able to install OS X using the 10.6.3 disc?

And to flash the ROM, did you use windows?

Thanks
majamudo

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 10:22:31 AM »

Hi all,

maybe a bit off topic.
I tried the rom on my hackintosh and it also works great without any modification.
I did a clean install, updated and *voila* got full resolution and acceleration.

The only issue currently....i need to connect both HDMI and DVI to get any output, But i am very happy now :-D

Thanks netkas and rominator for the hard work done!

M
Kant
Not Newbie

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »

Were you able to install OS X using the 10.6.3 disc?

And to flash the ROM, did you use windows?

Thanks

My OS X was already installed (10.6.4)
Without the SL graphic update, no output, but with it everything is working (except the boot)

To flash the rom I used a pc but you can do it with anything that can boot into DOS.

Oh I have a problem I haven't mentioned: with my display connected to the 5770 on boot, it CAN'T boot, I hear the startup sound multiple times and that's it...
I have to disconnect the display to boot. =)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:58:57 AM by Kant » Logged
sunshine-x
Not Newbie

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »

Oh I have a problem I haven't mentioned: with my display connected to the 5770 on boot, it CAN'T boot, I hear the startup sound multiple times and that's it...
I have to disconnect the display to boot. =)

I have a similar but not as serious issue:

Flashed my HIS 5770 with the rominator/netkas rom.  It's working well in OS X, but no screen during boot, and the bootup chime plays multiple times, sometimes stuttering and playing multiple times, but only parts of the chime sound like this:  "Chime .... Ch... me.."

Anyhow, it is working, just not during boot and strange startup sounds..
JadedGamer

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »

Gonna bore you with a short story.   Since december 2009 I've been getting really into Steam gaming on the PC.   At that point, the only PC I had that could do any gaming on was the one in my living room hooked up to my TV as an HTPC.   However, its video card was crap.   So on December 14th I picked up a Radeon 5770.   It performed admirably, but the nforce board that my HTPC ran on had compatibility issues with my shiny new video card.   So I pulled it and replaced it with a simple G210 card.

The 5770 got then moved to my Mac Pro 1,1 machine.   The system I do my editing on.   I setup a windows 7 boot camp partition, which I used primarily for gaming.   Not bad.   The card functioned incredibly well in boot camp, and with it I've been getting some serious gaming on with it ever since.

Fast forward a few months and I had to start editing full HD content instead of low-resolution proxies on the mac side of things using Final Cut Pro.   I have been cutting in h.264 because they're smaller download files, and yet they still look great.   But this is when my 7300GT started looking long in the tooth.   After every edit point the video would stutter.   Not very good for editing.   At this point I didn't realise it was the video card.   I then used my slower laptop to cut a show and was surprised that it didn't suffer this same stutter despite having a slower CPU, less ram, and slower hard drive.   But it did have an 8600m GPU.   So that pretty much answered my question.

Then Steam got released for Mac...YAY!   Nothing ran because my video card is "unsupported"....sarcastic subdued yay.   Then new mac pro's got announced with the same vid card...hopeful yet hesitant yay?   Can't just flash with the stock rom, and after updating to the latest version complete with graphics update, system wouldn't even boot....actual boo.   I was able to pull all the new kexts related to the new radeons and the machine turned on again....sigh.   Then Netkas and Rominator offered up the m57702.rom file.   I flashed, and I haven't looked back since.

Boot camp obviously still boots fine.   But now OSX boots fine as well.   EFI screen and all(using DVI->VGA).   I loaded up portal and it actually ran....and ran well I might add!   And finally, what about Final Cut pro?   Runs like a dream.   No more stutters at every edit point.   The machine is functioning so well now that I actually pulled my 7300GT(which I'm storing in case of emergency).

You know what, it seems like just when I start to think my Mac pro is getting too old and in need of replacing, something comes along that changes everything.   First I was finding my HD h.264 encodes were taking far too long...but then I got a turbo.264 hd and they are zippy.   Now the 5770.   This comp keeps getting a new lease on life.   I wonder what the next big hurdle is for it.

From the bottom of my crusty heart, thanks to everyone involved, small and large.   This is something I've been waiting for a long time to happen, and it finally has, and it's awesome.
lastExile
Global Moderator
Not Newbie

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 01:39:30 AM »

lower prices with netkas method Cheesy

Report all spam and i will take care of it
elijahg
Not Newbie

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »

Just installed a new Sapphire 5770, with m57702.rom... And it works perfectly, on both DVI ports, and HDMI. I don't have a standard DisplayPort to DVI adapter, so I'm unable to test that. I'm running a 2006 MacPro 1,1.

Thankyou Cheesy
plankton1
Not Newbie

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 11:23:18 PM »

People, please be careful with the "card is working perfectly terminology". If the boot screen is not displaying, it is NOT perfect and people thinking of buying could be misled!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: