netkas.org forum
October 18, 2018, 01:25:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia tosses cMP a bone, bootscreens  (Read 150 times)
Rominator

« on: Today at 01:07:50 AM »

Gtx 2080 has boot screens, they snuck it in while no one looking

Confirming report from EU

Now we just need drivers

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
LightBulbFun
Not Newbie

« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:36:25 AM »

very interesting Smiley

is this a full Apple EFI setup, enumerating all the NVDA properties in the device tree like a proper Mac card

or is it just enumerating the card just enough to work with the Apple graphics protocol and display a boot screen?

id be very interested to see what the card says in system profiler SANS drivers actually...

(In both Graphics/Displays and PCI Cards)

BTW is this from the create.pro thing or do you have someone else in europe confirming it? I know create pro has a less then clean track record so I am a bit skeptical of their reports
« Last Edit: Today at 01:38:53 AM by LightBulbFun » Logged
crjackson2134

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:30:07 AM »

Great news, I can’t afford one, but greatnews none the less. I guess all the naysayers (including myself) can rest easy now   Wink

What a good year for the cMP this has been.

Mac Pro 5,1 Hex 3.33 GHz, 48 GB, ATI HD 5870
Optical - Apple Super Drive & MCE Internal Blu-ray
1 TB WD, 1 TB Barracuda, 500 GB Hitachi RAID0
RocketU 1144CM USB 3.0 Raid/RS-232/OS X 10.9.1
lowrider

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:55:54 AM »

So Dave

You're confirming the video from CreatePro.  Everyone was skeptical, including me.  You, I believe.  Now all we need is Mojave Drivers.  Oh, and it's RTX 2080.

Lou
« Last Edit: Today at 06:18:21 AM by lowrider » Logged
BillyBobBongo

« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:44:07 AM »

Man I hope this is also in the 2070, out of all the new cards that really seems the one to buy.
Fl0r!an

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:00:41 PM »

is this a full Apple EFI setup, enumerating all the NVDA properties in the device tree like a proper Mac card
The Nvidia UEFI shows no sign of any IOReg properties, just the definition of EFI_UGA_DRAW_PROTOCOL is there, as I postet @ MR. So in macOS it's most likely behaving like a normal PC card (which shouldn't be a problem, since the Mac drivers can init PC cards for almost 10 years now). So we just need to wait for RTX drivers...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: