netkas.org forum
May 25, 2019, 12:51:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: video card recommendation  (Read 6125 times)
katiepea

« on: October 05, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

ok after trying 4 different nvidia cards and having only relative success, by success i mean meeting all my needs, i had a 7900gs that worked fine, but i wanted an upgrade, as i dual boot, tried a 9serires, which i couldn't get to work at all now im on an 8600gt, which is 'working' after i installed old 10.5.2 kexts, opengl framework ,and efi strings, however, i cannot browse the web, something is causing QE to crash the computer, it crashes with flash applications inside of safari OR firefox, so this setup is obviously not going to fly, what my ideal card would be would be one that i don't need to use injectors with, and can get qe/ci working with efi strings only, im using boot 132 method, so a card that would boot into the retail dvd would be awesome however that is not required, i can manage a temp swap just for installation purposes, i know that there has to be some cards that don't require injectors for qe/ci as i have done this on my mothers computer with i believe an 8300, i need dual dvi though, if anyone can recommend me a card, 8 series and above (i want directx10 for vista boot) that i don't need injectors for i will love you forever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: