netkas.org forum
July 19, 2019, 04:12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 480 EFI Patched in and working :-)  (Read 73810 times)
th3joker
Not Newbie

« on: May 15, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »

Well I was going to work on the 2GB GTX version but changed my mind in the end and went to work on the GTX 480 as I wanted one of those for the faster CUDA.

I looked at the 570 but they don't seem to work with Snow Leopard and I'm not keen on Lion.

I've got a Dev version of 10.8 but haven't tried it yet. I'm an Apple registered Dev so it's legit!!

I managed to stitch the Quadro 4000 EFI onto the GTX480 PC version and it appears to be functioning ok. Just a couple of minor changes.

I've dropped the clocks and voltage on the PC part of the BIOS so it doesn't kill my PSU.

And it's all working hunky dory :-)

You still need to replace the ROM chip with a larger one which isn't for the faint of heart. I know Rominator used to do them for a 6 pack if you're in California!!
fouel
Not Newbie

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 02:50:51 PM »

Good Job.
There is another man to do that.

GTX 480 and GTX 470 are based on Quadro 4000 EFI part because they are same GPU core.
Hope it will be going to work on GTX 680 earlier than someone :-)
Rominator

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:17:08 AM »

Dude, do you really not have the balls or decency to say "I was too fucking stupid to figure this out for myself so I disassembled one of MacVidCards ROMs and am now trying to take credit for someone else's brilliance?"

Why do some people so desperately need to appear smarter than they are? Hasn't worked before for you, why did you think it would start now?

The text string in the ROM revision field says it all. It shows you took one of my EFI's and in a sad and desperate attempt to get my name out of Rom revision field you clipped parts of a Quadro 4000 rom in there. There is someone else on these forums who can quickly verify that this proves you are a liar and plagiarist. The CUDA scores show you started with one of my "Mac Pro" versions.

Credit where credit is due.

Nvidia created the fab cards. Nvidia wrote an EFI to make Quadro 4000 work. I figured out how to adapt it to other cards. You are a liar and a plagiarist. Nothing more.

It is one thing to say "Hey, I'm smart and figured this out" but when all you really did was copy someone else's work and spend all your time & effort trying to hide your plagiarism, it's just pathetic.

So, are you going to own up to the truth or keep lying?

I'll give you some motivation. The other person who KNOWS you are lying is a mod here. Think about it.

That is my work you are trying to take credit for, not your own.

Here are the words of a LIAR:

Well I was going to work on the 2GB GTX version but changed my mind in the end and went to work on the GTX 480 as I wanted one of those for the faster CUDA.

I looked at the 570 but they don't seem to work with Snow Leopard and I'm not keen on Lion.

I've got a Dev version of 10.8 but haven't tried it yet. I'm an Apple registered Dev so it's legit!!

I managed to stitch the Quadro 4000 EFI onto the GTX480 PC version and it appears to be functioning ok. Just a couple of minor changes.

I've dropped the clocks and voltage on the PC part of the BIOS so it doesn't kill my PSU.

And it's all working hunky dory :-)

* Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 5.17.35 PM.png (17.86 KB, 208x120 - viewed 651 times.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:21:42 AM by Rominator » Logged

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
th3joker
Not Newbie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »

Besides it is the quadro Efi rom in there, pretty sure I already mentioned that, or are you unable to read?
Rominator

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »

you are still a lair and it is still my rom you used

but you just don't have the balls or decency to admit it

you didn't figure anything out yourself

you are just too fucking stupid

and a liar
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:21:31 AM by Rominator » Logged

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
th3joker
Not Newbie

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »

You know what actually? once I'd worked a couple of things out it was pretty trivial to sew it all together.

I think you're just worried a mere mortal is challenging your god like status on here.

Really deep down your just plain mean.

So your telling me that:
You did it the same way and now youre worried that other people will do it too?
you pretended you wrote your own from scratch when actually you just did the same as me and pretty much copy and pasted the Efi from a similar card mac card into a PC rom just like me.

I would imagine then that there's similar code if you did the same as me, or would you prefer people on here to continue believing that you actually wrote a complete Efi from scratch?
th3joker
Not Newbie

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:49:06 AM »

Decency isn't a word I'd associate with you strangely, how you could bring yourself to request it from others is beyond me.
Rominator

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:55:45 AM »

What is in that Rom Revision field proves the code is from one of my roms

type all you want, you have proven yourself to be a liar.

If you had not stolen my ROM, it would say "3581" there.

Why not just admit the truth?

It's really rather sad that you are trying to claim that you did this all by yourself when all you really did was take apart my work.

I could tell you were a dishonest git from your PMs, that's why I wanted nothing to do with you. And you have proven me right.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:21:21 AM by Rominator » Logged

th3joker
Not Newbie

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 02:08:04 AM »

I didn't steal your rom rommy
Now do you want a hug
Rominator

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 02:10:12 AM »

I didn't steal your rom rommy
Now do you want a hug

Keep lying, it fits you

The code that puts that Rom Revision field info in was written specifically for my ROM, to expose scumbags  trying to pretend that it was their work.

Looks like it worked.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:21:10 AM by Rominator » Logged

th3joker
Not Newbie

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 02:15:54 AM »

Right passing of other peoples work as your own something your very familiar with.
Rominator

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 02:19:57 AM »

Credit where credit is due.

Nvidia created the fab cards. Nvidia wrote an EFI to make Quadro 4000 work. I figured out how to adapt it to other cards. You are a liar and a plagiarist. Nothing more.

I stated this before.

I take credit for figuring out how to adapt to other cards.

You should take credit for stealing what I discovered. It's the truth after all.

You figured out that you didn't have the brains to do it yourself so you did what made sense, you took the work of someone smarter than yourself, and claimed it as your own. I'm sure your mother will be very proud.

Rominator

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 04:00:04 AM »

To the kind and gentle readers who happen upon this rant, I would like to explain why this guy's claims annoy me so much.

A while back I started posting at MR that I needed help to decode EFI for Nvidia cards. Despite repeated calls for assistance, nobody was ever interested enough to actually try.

I purchased a GTX480 quite some time ago. I was determined to figure out a way to create an EFI ROM for the rest of the Fermi family.

I realized that the Quadro 4000 likely held the key, so I purchased one for retail from Newegg.

It took me WEEKS to figure out the original "sew" that placed the two halves together.

At first the card ran at 2.5 GT/s and could only run one display at a time. It was a great deal of trial and error to fix each of those issues. Nvidia doesn't email me a list of how their roms work.

I painstakingly tried change after change to figure out how to make the card work perfectly.

I then realized that I had a valuable commodity as the fruit of my weeks of labor. I had some special code added to the ROM to identify it. If you use the EFI from my efforts along with the EFI from a Quadro 4000, you will get that "EFI BUILD...." that this JOKER shows in his screen shots. There is simply no other way that you would see that info there.

There is not a doubt in my mind that this guy realized that the task at hand was FAR beyond his feeble mind and instead just took my work apart and spent his time figuring out how hide his short cut. His efforts were not spent WRITING the rom, merely to hide his plagiarism. And oddly enough, his efforts were so poor that he instead did the opposite, he provided screen shots that prove beyond a doubt that he is using my rom, not one of his own creation.

What I find so annoying is that this person has filled this thread with vicious and threatening words all the while never admitting that which we both know, that he did in fact use my work to "figure this out all by himself".

He had in fact PM'd me a few weeks back and said he wanted to license my work for sale on his EBay site. I looked and saw a few used and tired G5s, broken keyboards and mice. Not someone dealing in quality merchandise, but just a common junk dealer. I decided that I didn't need to have such a person putting my name on his junk. So I politely declined.

Not content with this, he attempted to figure out these cards by himself. When he realized he couldn't, he took a short cut and instead tried to just spend his time covering his tracks. Fortunately I had foreseen this and placed safeguards in the ROM. His screen shots prove that he is a liar. The fact that he went to such vicious lengths to deny his "borrowed" code show that he is a person of little honesty or pride.

Imagine that any of you had pieced together something you were very proud of. In the midst of this fine work was a phrase that only you understood the origin of. Then some other person comes along claiming to have "discovered" something. In it you see the phrase. You know the person has lifted your work and is claiming it as their own. When you call this person out, instead of doing the honorable thing and coming clean, they instead take to vicious personal attacks (like calling me a meth head) instead of just admitting the truth that is known by both of you.

I aplogize for the bothersome and childish tone of this thread, I just don't appreciate the result of my weeks of hard and tedious testting being claimed by a know-nothing bozo who merely aspires to understand things beyond him.

I have spent countless hours posting info and test results for many cards. I have helped test and put together the roms for 4870, 5770, 5870 and 6870. The primary brains behind those was Netkas but I played a part and handed out the results of that testing for free. If I choose to keep certain things THAT I DISCOVER for myself, I don't think that is asking too much. This person has done nothing for anyone but himself. He is attempting to lay claim to work that he literally had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with.

I don't take Netkas' work and claim it as my own. I say "here is a 5770/6870 rom I put together for you with Netkas' EFI". I understand this person wishes he could figure these things out for himself. Sadly, he can not. His screen shot with that text string proves he is a liar. He has posted a photo of himself standing there with his hand in the cookie jar. His inability to admit to it is a testament to a sad little person who wants some attention. I guess he got some.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:09:15 AM by Rominator » Logged

fouel
Not Newbie

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 04:17:18 AM »

Rommy,
Why do you think that only you "write" the firmware ? (It shouldn't call writing,should sew or modify.)
Others can't figure it out,just only you ? Who are you ? don't need to eat or sleep or shit ?

Writing a video card firmware needs a team,like Nvidia or AMD corporation,not only one can do that.
I am sure that writing GTX 285 or Quadro 4000 ,5600 firmware,etc can't be written by only one,it should be a team.
How dare you said that you wrote mac video card roms for mac ?
How dare you used those rom of Nvidia or AMD to make money without agreement ?
When you modified those firmware, do you get an agreement from Nvidia or AMD ?

The EFI of GTX 480 and GTX 470 are based on Quadro 4000.
The EFI of 8800GTX is based on Quadro 5600.
The EFI of GTX 285 2GB is based on GTX 285 1GB.

so who is a liar ? I think you are also one.

Rominator

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »

so who is a liar ? I think you are also one.

How dare you used those rom of Nvidia or AMD to make money without agreement ?

Ah yes, the "Foul Little Man"

Seems like all the roaches are crawling out of the woodwork now.

AKA, "Macgraphicsfan".

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=macgraphicsfan

I see you are still a little peeved that Ebay yanked all of your GTX480 and GTX285 2GB ads.

So, I shouldn't sell cards for money but you are doing it right this second? Or perhaps you have that agreement you said I should have?

Try to find someone who knows some English to read this thread to you. (slowly) I have stated twice now that all I do is ADAPT existing EFIs to work with other cards. it isn't easy or fast, or you might have been able to do it yourself.

If either one of you clowns had created / adapted or in any way helped craft a new Mac card you might have a leg to stand on.

Yep, cockroaches.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:50:06 AM by Rominator » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: