netkas.org forum
November 27, 2014, 11:15:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure  (Read 15396 times)
pedroplanet

« on: May 11, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »

Hello Netkas!
First I'd like to thank you for the great work you've been doing for the "hackintosh" community.

I've been searching on the web about the firewire error on Leopard.

"ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure"

Lots of people has this issue, but the computer boots normally.

The thing is, the firewire port works on a slower speed on leopard, even though it shows ok on apple system profiler...

I've been searching for months and never found a solution. (on tiger firewire works ok).

Tried 2 different cards with chipsets and same problem.

Can you have a look on this? lots of people with Firewire HDs and Camera are suffering!

Thank you very much indeed!

Pedro
K.I.S.S.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

There are many erroneous references to this error, since it's the last instruction to be loaded before getting the "Still Waiting..." error.
But it doesn't cause any interruption on boot. So, unless you are needing to use Firewire devices, it's a forgotten question...
Firewire error occours before the system loads kexts, so isn't a question of change kexts, I think.

Intel D975XBX2 - Q6600 - 2GB DDR2 PC8500 - 7600GT
mtrr

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:56:59 PM »

that message comes from IOFireWireFamily.kext, take a look at the sources, I'd love to get rid of that message as well, but I guess you can't have everything.

cheers

so, yes it comes from a kext
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: