netkas.org forum
September 23, 2019, 07:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio+video+efi strings=issue..help!!!  (Read 10601 times)
Andrea3000

« on: March 08, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »

Hi to all,
I have made my own strings for my video card and for my sound card and they work like a charm singularly; I mean, if I put in com.apple.boot.plist the audio string only, then audio works, the same for video.
If I put them togheter, only video works!!
This is what I write:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>(video string)(audio string)</string>  (without any spaces or lines between the two strings)
Where is the mistake?
Thank you
Bye!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:55:40 PM by Andrea3000 » Logged
time ed

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »

Unfortunately, you can't conjoin strings like that. You need to make a single string with properties of both devices
Andrea3000

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »

Unfortunately, you can't conjoin strings like that. You need to make a single string with properties of both devices
So I have to copy and paste the plist of the audio in the plist of the video and convert it to hex, right?
Andrea3000

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »

It works now Wink Thank you!
Only another one question: are there any pro on using efi string even for the lan? I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3P
Thank you!
Bye!
time ed

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »

yes...for me, allowed use of vanilla IONetworking, fixed Time Machine, odd networking problems. Others have reported it fixing many apps, performance gains, etc...YMMV.
Andrea3000

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »

yes...for me, allowed use of vanilla IONetworking, fixed Time Machine, odd networking problems. Others have reported it fixing many apps, performance gains, etc...YMMV.
I have now video, audio and lan with efi strings...everything seems to work like a charm!
Thank you very much time ed!! Wink
Bye!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: