netkas.org forum
October 21, 2020, 02:13:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boot on Battery, zero performance, Boot on A/C no problem - Netkas any idea?  (Read 6639 times)
colonelbadger

« on: February 14, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »

OK.

So I've installed iAtkos 1.0ir2 and have it completely working on my Dell Precision M70 with SSE2 kernel. What's really annoying is that

1. If I boot on A/C power then the laptop works perfectly, in fact if I then pull the power cord out and run on battery the laptop continues to run perfectly.

2. If I boot on Battery then the UI appears with the Dock etc. but applications fail to launch and the pointer keeps changing to the spinning beach ball. My top bar also fails to completely fill and i'm missing all the info on the right hand side.
If I launch a terminal the black terminal box appears, but no command prompt. It's as though the performance has dropped to zero. Even plugging in the power at this point doesn't solve my problem, I end up having to hold the power button down to switch off (even shutdown doesn't work).

What's causing this? Does it have something to do with speedstep ( the processor has speed step and the Bios has it enabled ) ? I've attempted to switch off speedstep in the bios but then this forces the machine to the lowest performance threshold which interestingly makes the box appear just like no.2 above. Given that the SSE 2 kernel doesn't have speedstep support i'm stuck !!

HELP !!!!!

Mark.
Televisor

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »

Hi,

I`ve been just around to put the same question in a forum - so I`ve the same question like you! Moreover, in case of booting in battery modus I`ve noticed also, that mouse and keyboard have malfunction and hang.

Unfortunately I cannot help. I`ve tried the installation both with speedstep and stock kernel, but no obvios difference. I think we have to accept this for the moment. I`m sure, there will be future updates of hackintoshs, which will resolve these issues.

Televisor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: