netkas.org forum
April 18, 2019, 12:14:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unbrick broken 5770 (2xdvi/hdmi/dp) MacPro 1.1/2.1  (Read 755 times)
kapqa
Not Newbie

« on: December 15, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »

Hello ,

i am kindly asking your help as i yesterday tried first time flashing graphics card on mac pro and miserably failed.

proceeded the following way:

MacPro1.1 > in Bootcamp in Downloaded "GPU-Z" and saved current ROM from card 5770 ("Juniper.rom") > from Macrumors trusted member i "found" .Rom which supposedly function for this port mapping with 2xDVI/HDMI/DP - downloaded .rom ("5770e2.rom or similar) > in Bootcamp i downloaded WIN ATIFLASH > loaded .ROM and flashed

after reboot the card is no longer seen by macpro, neither in bootcamp nor in osx.
it could be that the .ROM i was using was meant for 64-BIT MacPro? or why else it could fail?

How could i now reflash the card with only having the MacPro 1.1/2.1 and no proper PC with integrated graphics or with 2 fullsize PciE Lanes Available?

Thank you very much for your help and input.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:28:09 PM by kapqa » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: