netkas.org forum
October 19, 2018, 10:59:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Mojave  (Read 335 times)
eVasilis

« on: October 06, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »

Hi all

I know that Mojave requires a metal compatible card and that it refuses to install if an older one, such as my gt 120, is the only one installed. My question is, will I be able to go through its installation, a clean install via usb stick, that is, if I have both my metal gtx 980 and gt 120, for the boot screen, installed?

Thanks
Spacedust

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:56:10 PM »

It should be possible if you have NVIDIA drivers installed so the installer would detect Metal capable card.
h9826790

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 11:25:53 PM »

Hi all

I know that Mojave requires a metal compatible card and that it refuses to install if an older one, such as my gt 120, is the only one installed. My question is, will I be able to go through its installation, a clean install via usb stick, that is, if I have both my metal gtx 980 and gt 120, for the boot screen, installed?

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks

NO.

But you can remove the GT120, and run the installer with just the GTX980 (inside a fully working OS, USB installer can't initialise your 980 anyway).

And when the installer ask you to reboot. You can shutdown the Mac, and install the GT120 back in.

Or You can simply let the whole installation finish, then shutdown the Mac, and install GT120. You won't be able to see progress, but you can wait for something like an hour to let it complete (assume SSD) or 2 hours (for HDD). Then shutdown the Mac and install the GT120 back in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: