netkas.org forum
September 23, 2018, 06:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon Port Mapping  (Read 211542 times)
yzfnyc
Not Newbie

« Reply #345 on: March 30, 2018, 09:42:54 PM »

looks like photo bucket wants you to upgrade ($$$) we aren't seeing pix

Read this thread, info here. Florian hasn't been around in a couple,e months, he may come back, he may not.

Good luck

Thanks for the heads up on the images.  I have been trying to mess around with the bios but nothing working yet.  I made a boo boo when I last flashed the Radeon Sky 500 now getting the 0FL01 Error in AtiFlash so have to figure that out before I try to mess with it more. =/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:05:54 PM by yzfnyc » Logged
Pressure
Not Newbie

« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2018, 01:43:02 PM »

Can anyone help me out with a reference Sapphire Radeon HD 5870?

I have the bios attached.

* myrom.rom (128 KB - downloaded 43 times.)
vinnie1978
Not Newbie

« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2018, 01:02:12 PM »

Here it is.

* myrom.efi.rom (128 KB - downloaded 39 times.)
Macfan
Not Newbie

« Reply #348 on: June 26, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »

I would like to adapt the port mapping of my R9 280X. It uses the Hamachi frame buffer.

I would like to change the port mapping to fit my hardware. I know already what to patch from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-amd-framebuffers-for-high-sierra-using-clover.235409/ . However, I'm not sure how I can implement the changes into my EFI. Specifically I don't know how to find the location inside the EFI to make the changes.

Any hint is highly appreciated :-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 09:16:55 PM by Macfan » Logged
Rominator

« Reply #349 on: June 26, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »

I don't think we ever cracked the EFI very far.

It only controls which ports work in pre-boot environment.

What works after you get to desktop is 100% BIOS & Driver combo.

The Hamachi FB defines certain ports, you can choose to mod this personality or use a different one. But the modded driver will be overwritten with each OS update.

This is why most cards are better left unflashed, no matching FB to ports on card.

Typically the FB was assigned by EFI, but with new AMD cards they are probably matching via subsystem id & vendor.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Macfan
Not Newbie

« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2018, 08:15:04 PM »

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

I was trying to understand what Florian was doing by trying to match the modifications he did to some EFIs with his explanation of the mods. I could partially understand what he did but how he identified the location of the changes inside the EFI remains a mystery to me :-) Anyway, if you are saying that the EFI configuration will anyway be overwritten by the BIOS / Driver configuration, then it probably doesn't help much to modify the EFI except for trying out other FBs.

Do you know how I can change the FB? I guess just replacing the word "Hamachi" by "Dashimaki " or any other FB in the EFI header won't work, right?

Or do you consider a R9 280X a new card that selects the FB via subsystem id & vendor?
j-man
Not Newbie

« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2018, 03:08:22 PM »

Hi. Here's an update to my old 6870 posts (page 14 and 15). I tried the new ROMs to no avail, as I explained in this other thread (page 35) http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,692.0.html
Then I flashed back the old ROM that Florian posted at the beginning of this thread, because in the meantime I got a DP-DVI cable adapter. Since I didn't mention it in my old posts I was curious to test it, and well... it worked!
Upper DVI doesn't work, as expected, but lower DVI does and displays the boot screen. DP-DVI works (no boot screen) while HDMI just shows the boot screen then switches off (and disables DP-DVI as well). The card is correctly recognized in System Informations.
As a result, there are two ports working, and boot screen: that's what I was looking for Cheesy
j-man
Not Newbie

« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »

6870 update. Boot screen behavior is quite inconsistent: sometimes it shows on lower DVI port, sometimes not. Never on DP port via DVI adapter. It was always present on HDMI port, but this is quite useless, as I wrote on my previous post.

BTW, nobody seems to write here anymore... Did they drop the bomb while I was in the cellar? Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
  Print  

Jump to: