netkas.org forum
September 26, 2018, 12:48:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Flash Firmware Files  (Read 759 times)
brockbackups
Not Newbie

« on: July 20, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »

Found some interesting files located in the latest 10.14 beta 4 installer, maybe these can be reversed engineered to flash Apple-EFI to newer AMD GPUs.

* AMDFirmware.zip (220.03 KB - downloaded 58 times.)
h9826790

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:30:06 AM »

Thanks for the info, but I think the hardest part in flashing the AMD card is not how to get the EFI, but how to fix the mismatched framebuffer personality.
netkas
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »

they  contain only bios part
DarthnVader
Not Newbie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »

they  contain only bios part

The bios part isn't insignificant, so long as you plan on using it for a D500 card. Tho I don't know why anyone would want to waste time on such a beast Grin

I've found with my R9 280x that the bios part gets read in by the AMD runtime drivers, and my Vbios is incompatible with the macOS AMD drivers, things just hang when the Window Manger should load.

I've found a Vbios that works for my card and the macOS, however it has no GOP, and I like to boot in GOP mode on my 3,1 because it gives me boot screens with some boot loaders.

I haven't figured all the magic to adding a GOP to my working VBios, something to do with hashes and protected tables. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: