netkas.org forum
September 23, 2018, 06:22:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: iMac Holy Grail achieved ! Boot screens on 780m in 2011 iMac 27".  (Read 7240 times)
overshoot
Not Newbie

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »

Legal action on stories regarding modding ROMs to run on Apple computers?!... is that a joke?! Come on guys!
First that's way too much. Second, Apple lawyers would laugh out loud if that would happen...

Let's move on! Back to happy hacking which is why we are here for, aren't we?
vidkidd
Not Newbie

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »

Legal action on stories regarding modding ROMs to run on Apple computers?!... is that a joke?! Come on guys!
First that's way too much. Second, Apple lawyers would laugh out loud if that would happen...

Modding is one thing.   Copying the ROM with an intent to distribute is another story all together.   Piracy = Theft.   Distribution for 'experimentation' and 'hacking' is a guise and excuse for Piracy.  While Apple has too much cash to care, I doubt this applies to MVC, where every sale goes towards keeping the lights on.... 

Where moderators are inept - or - just don't care, take down notices for pirated digital works is common.  Just ask Nintendo.

If users want the Nvidia boot screen, PAY THE PRICE.
lowrider

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 07:22:53 PM »

^^^^Mods are no inept at MR, they have an axe to grind with Rominator (MVC).  The mods interject where they have absolutely no business and ignore things they shouldn't.

Lou
JeffreyA
Not Newbie

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 07:37:17 PM »

So I was actually in the middle of doing homework when I read this thread again and saw this hilarious reply. MVC does not own the ROM he supposedly sells. If you decided to read the ROM and look at the header it will say something like this "Copyright Nvidia Corporation". Nvidia Corporation is the only copyright I or anyone had to respect. Trying to say that me or anyone who dumps and distributes a ROM is a pirate is pure insanity. Your basically saying that anyone who has used GPU-Z or traded a mining ROM is a pirate. Please educate yourself and study who owns the ROM before you attack people for being pirates on a public forum.

Modding is one thing.   Copying the ROM with an intent to distribute is another story all together.   Piracy = Theft.   Distribution for 'experimentation' and 'hacking' is a guise and excuse for Piracy.  While Apple has too much cash to care, I doubt this applies to MVC, where every sale goes towards keeping the lights on.... 

Where moderators are inept - or - just don't care, take down notices for pirated digital works is common.  Just ask Nintendo.

If users want the Nvidia boot screen, PAY THE PRICE.
vidkidd
Not Newbie

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »

MVC's modifications to the firmware/hardware, whole or in part, is Intellectual Property.  

The context of ROM piracy relative to my post extends to the works of MVC/Rominator, Nintendo and even the Rainbow Unicorn Artist.  Whereas such content is copied and distributed by/for individuals with the intent to enjoin themselves in the works of others for personal gain/enrichment.    All three are impacted by those who fail to respect their IP.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:23:15 PM by vidkidd » Logged
JeffreyA
Not Newbie

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 09:34:56 PM »

No, that's not how the law works. Let me explain this to you again but with real world examples. If I have a car where I'm selling a mod service for and someone figures out how I modded it. I can't call them a pirate. If you take a video game rom and modify it. You also cannot claim that anyone who distributes it without your permission is a pirate as the original creator is the company not you. The same case is with video card roms. If someone modifies an explicitly Nvidia branded ROM and someone decides that their modifications are cool so they want to release it too. That also isn't piracy. So no MVC doesn't own the ROM period. He also couldn't legally sell the modded ROM. The loophole with this is that he offers a "flashing service". There is no point in debating this tho. I would also like to remind you that there was no where on that ROM posted that mentioned any affiliation from MVC. I already removed the ROM a long time ago with respect for MVC's wishes. Calling me or anyone a pirate is going too far. As for your if you want "boot screens you should pay". That is a very greedy thing to say as not everyone is rich like you and can spend 200 plus shipping on getting their video card flashed. I can but not every Mac Pro owner who wants a high end video card can. Lucky for the people who can't afford a flashing service, the 680 and 280x are still very viable options.
Edit: TLDR IP protection only protects the original creator of said work, unless there was specific original assets (like a turbo added to a car, you can't steal the turbo) added to the work, the copyright belongs to the original creator.
MVC's modifications to the firmware/hardware, whole or in part, is Intellectual Property.  

The context of ROM piracy relative to my post extends to the works of MVC/Rominator, Nintendo and even the Rainbow Unicorn Artist.  Whereas such content is copied and distributed by/for individuals with the intent to enjoin themselves in the works of others for personal gain/enrichment.    All three are impacted by those who fail to respect their IP.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:43:18 PM by JeffreyA » Logged
JeffreyA
Not Newbie

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 09:39:38 PM »

^^^^Mods are no inept at MR, they have an axe to grind with Rominator (MVC).  The mods interject where they have absolutely no business and ignore things they shouldn't.

Lou
I'd also would like to add that this assumption is false. David P. told me via email that the mods on MR were going to take down the ROM for him if I didn't. I can show you screenshots if you PM me.
lowrider

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »

^^^^Look Guy, you have caused quite enough damage.  I called you out at MR, but the mods took my post down along with a few others, mostly aimed at you.  Why not crawl back into your hole?

You have not contributed anything to the Mac community except trouble.  And you try to argue in the  defense your silly butt.   

Lou
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:43:15 PM by lowrider » Logged
JeffreyA
Not Newbie

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »

Hey "guy", why don't you crawl back in your hole? If you think your so tough stop hiding behind a keyboard when you attack people. I did nothing wrong. I could have kept the ROM posted for as long as the mods wanted me to. I was decent enough of a person to remove it upon MVC's request. I like him and I want his business to last. I don't have to justify myself to you. Let me know when you have something to say that isn't a personal attack on someone you don't even know!
vidkidd
Not Newbie

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 12:04:46 AM »

Implying a 'Hole" may have been too generous.

Go back under your bridge.    BAD TROLL.   
JeffreyA
Not Newbie

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 12:18:17 AM »

Implying a 'Hole" may have been too generous.

Go back under your bridge.    BAD TROLL.   
Oh man! He found out I'm homeless! I'm gonna cry now Sad. Honestly, this is entertainment right here. You can't defend your own argument so you start attacking me. You don't even know who I am! I don't even get what your going to get out of this other than making me and everyone else laugh. You act like if you do this MVC is going to mail you 72 virgin flashed Nvidia Titan Xp's or something. So please make me laugh more or find someone else to harass.
lowrider

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 03:38:05 AM »

Just got this PM on MR from our favorite Troll:

Hey smartass,

Quick reminder that I still have those ROMs and they still can end up on the internet. Antagonizing me isn't going to do your lord MVC any good.

**** off,

Jeffrey.

Lou
overshoot
Not Newbie

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 04:24:17 AM »

I believe everyone here on this board forum has used a cracked software at some point.
Nobody here is using a "Hackintosh" or did in the past? Did you pay Apple for their IP running macOS on your PC?

I believe even Rominator did too.
Surely Netkas did when he created FakeSMC.

But I thanks Rominator and Netkas for all their effort in improving the Hackintosh scene as well as the hardware supported list.
Glad you guys are fighting for Rominator's work.

I am sure Rominator worked very hard to provide the GPU's ROMs and I don't deny that sharing his work for free on the internet is not a nice thing to do but MEA CULPA. I think you have to be ready to see that happening one day, without considering taking legal action. That was my point here.

Please correct me if I am wrong but that sounds too much for me
JeffreyA
Not Newbie

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 04:28:53 AM »

I believe everyone here on this board forum has used a cracked software at some point.
Nobody here is using a "Hackintosh" or did in the past? Did you pay Apple for their IP running macOS on your PC?

I believe even Rominator did too.
Surely Netkas did when he created FakeSMC.

But I thanks Rominator and Netkas for all their effort in improving the Hackintosh scene as well as the hardware supported list.
Glad you guys are fighting for Rominator's work.

I am sure Rominator worked very hard to provide the GPU's ROMs and I don't deny that sharing his work for free on the internet is not a nice thing to do but MEA CULPA. I think you have to be ready to see that happening one day, without considering taking legal action. That was my point here.

Please correct me if I am wrong but that sounds too much for me
I agree with what your saying which is why I have been very friendly and cooperative with David thus far. The moment I found out he made the ROM and it was actually stolen from him and got rebranded, I deleted it with an apology. These people going out their way to make my online life miserable is wrong and is taking it took far. If I was looking to hurt MVC's business like these people claim I tried to do, I would have posted it completely anonymously.
Rominator

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 05:36:56 AM »

OK, let's drop it.

He has apologized for being a DB and hopefully learned something.

When people decide to offer free help for others, it is most meaningful when they have created part or all of some new discovery on their own. Rather than copy & pasting other's efforts and acting like a magnanimous Santa handing out goodies.

A few of the MR mods were nice enough to answer my emails to them.

The timing was especially bad as I also received on that same day the infantile ravings of a Mac Factory worker who basically demanded I allow him to sell our stuff in Germany or he would keep stealing it and selling it anyway. Partner negotiations don't go well when mixed with threats.

So I awoke to attacks on two fronts and I was unsure if the DBs were acting in tandem or what. At same moment I shelved iMac 780M work, but I will return to it soon. Let's just let this one go for now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:45:20 AM by Rominator » Logged

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: