netkas.org forum
June 23, 2018, 06:57:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia GTX 770M - iMac on Sierra OS - Issue to reset kextcache prelinked kernel  (Read 678 times)
DrChau

« on: February 28, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »

Hello people of the internets and Netkas forums,

I've been going through some issues on my iMac recently where I can't really get past the initial boot for my iMac since recent OS updates. I haven't really updated to HighSierra yet because of skepticism and understanding of security changes done on the OS that would not allow me to enter my hardware ID for my non-EFI not-Apple-approved MXM card.

It kind of sucks because I can't restart my machine in the hopes it would boot back up again as each time it has failed me. Every time I would need to restart I would need to get the help of an Nvidia based Mac product (like some of the MacBooks) and do a external drive boot with my SSD to reset my kext cache. I would try it with my other iMac with an AMD 6970M, but it doesn't seem to work on that machine.

I don't have brightness control or the EFI boot screen, I don't mind this, but not being able to restart sucks. Can anyone help me with this?

I've been a long time lurker and would have to say that this site has some really great resources so far!

I believe I'm on Sierra 10.12.1 for my A1312 with an i7 2600S.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:59:02 PM by DrChau » Logged
Rominator

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:39 AM »

Double good news on this.

We are FINALLY developing some iMac MXM Nvidia cards. It hasn't been easy, Apple doesn't offer any help, of course, and nobody else has succeeded at this.

Also, for folks in your spot, an eGPU would solve your boot issue. Even if it was typically for another machine, if your iMac has Bolt, yopu can use one.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: