March 21, 2018, 12:02:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users,2246.0.html
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nvidia GTX 770M - iMac on Sierra OS - Issue to reset kextcache prelinked kernel  (Read 227 times)

« on: February 28, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »

Hello people of the internets and Netkas forums,

I've been going through some issues on my iMac recently where I can't really get past the initial boot for my iMac since recent OS updates. I haven't really updated to HighSierra yet because of skepticism and understanding of security changes done on the OS that would not allow me to enter my hardware ID for my non-EFI not-Apple-approved MXM card.

It kind of sucks because I can't restart my machine in the hopes it would boot back up again as each time it has failed me. Every time I would need to restart I would need to get the help of an Nvidia based Mac product (like some of the MacBooks) and do a external drive boot with my SSD to reset my kext cache. I would try it with my other iMac with an AMD 6970M, but it doesn't seem to work on that machine.

I don't have brightness control or the EFI boot screen, I don't mind this, but not being able to restart sucks. Can anyone help me with this?

I've been a long time lurker and would have to say that this site has some really great resources so far!

I believe I'm on Sierra 10.12.1 for my A1312 with an i7 2600S.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:59:02 PM by DrChau » Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to: