netkas.org forum
October 21, 2017, 05:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: High Sierra and The Nvidia Web Driver  (Read 2896 times)
Rominator

« on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »

How's it working', folks?

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
mysticalos

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »

The metal hitching is gone finally. the first non broken 378 driver. the last good performance metal driver was 367, which means this is first pascal supporting driver that should actually feel good in metal games.

It no longer breaks ibooks/little snitch etc because they refactored driver to not break those apps with library injection, well that or they got apple to finally allow them to do it. But it is clear the driver had some serious refactoring, for example half of it is now installed in system/library/extensions and other half in library/extensions instead of all in one place.

The installer does seem to be broken though. it errors out during install, but if you tell it to ignore error and continue anyways it still works, for most users. Although some users on hackintosh forums are reporting that upon reboot the drivers are hosed for them, so it's possible depending on when installer errors or what causes it, some users get the install to still work and others do not?. nvidia will have to fix package installer at some point. if you're not sure you got full package can always triple check all files made it to where they should be with pacifist then manually kextcache rebuild for good measure.
lowrider

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:21:41 PM »

Works fine for me.  However, the Cuda Driver. now 9.0.197 does NOT work in High Sierra, but does work in Sierra.

Lou
Spacedust

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:07:39 PM »

It was made for 10.12, not 10.13, so we need to wait for proper CUDA driver.
lowrider

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 12:27:59 AM »

^^^^This morning it was linked to High Sierra.  They then Nvidia unlinked it and put a message that another Cuda Driver was coming.  So, YES, I know that!

Lou
Asgorath

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 12:38:53 AM »

Just finished the upgrade, everything went smoothly.  I ignored the error message during the installer, and forced a kext cache rebuild before rebooting just to be safe.  I left NVWebDriverLibValFix in /Library/Extensions, as the WindowServer appears to have LV enabled:

Code:
~> codesign -d -v  /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Resources/WindowServer
Executable=/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/Resources/WindowServer
Identifier=com.apple.WindowServer
Format=Mach-O thin (x86_64)
CodeDirectory v=20100 size=391 flags=0x2000(library-validation) hashes=5+5 location=embedded
Platform identifier=4
Signature size=4485
Info.plist entries=4
TeamIdentifier=not set
Sealed Resources=none
Internal requirements count=1 size=72

I have SIP disabled since I'm running a Hackintosh, and so the LV fix seems to be required.  I don't have access to an unmodified/official Apple system to test what would happen if SIP was left enabled.
mysticalos

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 12:45:20 AM »

What's interesting, I had sip disabled entire time on my hack, and i can use drivers witout issue and without lvfix as well. in fact little snitch and ibooks etc also had full windows without libvalfix. ultimately I decided to add the fix anyways anyways just in case.

One thing I did notice, no one could boot without libvalfix if they were using Lilu or whatever it is for audio instead of toledo's patch, so maybe Lilu itself just dirty's up kext environment enough to need libval to fix it? who knows.
Asgorath

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 01:00:30 AM »

What's interesting, I had sip disabled entire time on my hack, and i can use drivers witout issue and without lvfix as well. in fact little snitch and ibooks etc also had full windows without libvalfix. ultimately I decided to add the fix anyways anyways just in case.

One thing I did notice, no one could boot without libvalfix if they were using Lilu or whatever it is for audio instead of toledo's patch, so maybe Lilu itself just dirty's up kext environment enough to need libval to fix it? who knows.

Right, those things modify the binaries and those will absolutely be rejected unless you have LV disabled.  I might try booting without the LV fix since I'm not using Lilu or anything like that.
Rominator

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 01:25:48 AM »

Well, I can tell you this.

One HS issue with new driver is that the dock is solid with Titan-X Maxwell, yet 2 displays work and Uningine Valley seemed to run at 1/2 speed.

Anyhow, I tossed in a GTX680 and with Web Driver it had the solid Dock

Turned off Web Driver and the Dock went translucent, as it is meant to be.

With Web Driver off the 680 2GB ndid a 37 FPS in Uningine. The Titan-X did 25 FPS.

So, seems like it isn't quite done being baked.Hopefully they issue a fix shortly.

If Nvidia needs testing done on real Macs and a variety of their cards, I'd be the best person to talk to. I've pretty much got at least one of everything.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:30:03 AM by Rominator » Logged

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
chromafile

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 02:19:41 AM »

For High Sierra Cheesy

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/125379/en-us
https://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-9.0.197-driver.html
macfriedchikkin

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 02:34:10 AM »

The first one, yes, the second, no.

Hey, Rom, are those your results trying to use 2 monitors? I'm getting the same results under HS as I did under Sierra for Unigine; exactly 58.5
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:42:01 AM by macfriedchikkin » Logged

macOS 10.13.x, MacPro 4,1 (5,1 flash), EVGA GTX1070
lowrider

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:41 AM »

Did you not read my third post down on this very page Huh  The Cuda Driver you linked (9.0.197)  DOES NOT work with High Sierra!

Lou
lowrider

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 02:53:21 AM »

Rominator:

I just ran Heaven and Valley.  My results are much like Sierra was.

No issues with my dock.

Lou

* TinyGrab Screen Shot 9-27-17, 6.46.19 PM.png (78.45 KB, 597x648 - viewed 62 times.)

* TinyGrab Screen Shot 9-27-17, 6.39.24 PM.png (69.14 KB, 534x482 - viewed 55 times.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:56:24 AM by lowrider » Logged
Rominator

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 03:02:42 AM »

I'm out and won't be able to fiddle with it anymore for a few hours.

This just popped up on my blog :

Hi David,
Andy D has just posted a comment on your blog post, New High Sierra drivers out:
All working with a GTX 1080 Ti here now. The trick I had is that Gatekeeper wants to block loading of the kernel extension. I got a pop-up message while installing. Once installation of the driver is complete, don't reboot - load System Preferences, head to Security and Privacy and click 'Allow' next to the 'NVIDIA Corporation' notification. Then, force-quit the installer and run it again. This time, no message from Gatekeeper. Reboot and the driver is spot on.

The CUDA driver v9.0.197 (installed using the same Gatekeeper method) does complain that an update is required, but it did that occasionally in the last version too, so I'm not going to worry about that.

In System Information the Metal status reports 'Supported, feature set OSX_GPUFamily1 v2'. I have no idea what that means; hopefully it's good.

lowrider

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 06:24:44 AM »

^^^^Goodness - Cuda Driver 9.0.197 DOES NOT work in High Sierra, works fine in Sierra!!!!!  Nvidia has posted the attached on it's Web Site when searching for the High Sierra Web Driver.

Lou

* TinyGrab Screen Shot 9-27-17, 10.22.28 PM.png (24.14 KB, 668x92 - viewed 81 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: