netkas.org forum
July 24, 2019, 02:14:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac 7xxx drivers for 10.7.5 and 10.8.2, have at'em boys !! (and girls too)  (Read 17189 times)
Acden
Not Newbie

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 06:34:55 PM »

Does your 7950 recognise as Radeon HD 7xxx? or exactly as 7950 (in Apple - about screen)
jelockwood

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »

Does your 7950 recognise as Radeon HD 7xxx? or exactly as 7950 (in Apple - about screen)
I am presuming your asking me, in answer it is listed as follows in Yosemite.

"AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB"

It is a genuine Sapphire HD 7950 Mac edition, not a PC one that has been flashed or not yet flashed. If yours is listed as 7xxx yours may either be a PC one that is not yet flashed, or flashed in a way that merely lists it as 7xxx or maybe even be a 7970. What does it show in System Report? If you post a picture that would help.

PS. I have now obtained the old Lion drivers I was looking for.
Acden
Not Newbie

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

Yes, my card is native PC one. But it works in Maverix and Yosemite. But it appears to be 7xxx. And I think it doesn't give hardware acceleration, as no speed up after NV GeForce 285 in FCPX of Compressor.

I'm trying to find information about flashing my card as it is not reference (reference has only one DVI port, however I don't need the second one).

(something like this, but mine has different DVI ports - dvi-i and dvi-D, I need only DVI-D port)

Also, I have 2560 x 1440 on my DVI-D port, but only lower on HDMI port... I can't understand why.

P.S. I have native Mac Pro 3.1.

jelockwood

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »

Yes, my card is native PC one. But it works in Maverix and Yosemite. But it appears to be 7xxx. And I think it doesn't give hardware acceleration, as no speed up after NV GeForce 285 in FCPX of Compressor.

I'm trying to find information about flashing my card as it is not reference (reference has only one DVI port, however I don't need the second one).

Also, I have 2560 x 1440 on my DVI-D port, but only lower on HDMI port... I can't understand why.
I have seen reports suggesting flashing non-reference cards like yours works but as you hint the second DVI port will be disabled. The process for flashing your card would be the same as for a reference card, so first backup the existing firmware, then flash it. You can use a Mac utility to generate the Mac firmware version which it does by 'adding' the Mac EFI code to the PC firmware, you then use a Windows tool to flash the card. Most people do that in Boot Camp.

The reason the HDMI port is not able to do 2560x1440 is that it is only a HDMI 1.4 port and hence can only do a maximum of 1920x1200.

See this thread for the Mac tool and instructions. http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,5619.0.html

You might also need or want to do the hardware mod to make your card work as a PCIe 2.0 5GT/s card in a Mac. What speed does it currently show in System Profiler under PCI? See http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-make-link-speed-2-5gt-s-to-5-0gt-s-on-ati-card-and-nvidia-card.1547340/
Thisguyiknow

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 11:47:02 PM »

Anybody want to re-upload the drivers from the CD? I am running old versions of OSX want to hack them

-would paypal you
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: