netkas.org forum
March 28, 2017, 05:10:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: For TB3, Skip the Thunder 3, wait for Node or Better. But it is good with TB2  (Read 1804 times)
Synchro03andsoon

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 10:52:51 PM »

Wow, I thought that should be the internal driver for the TB3 controller, not the enclosure. So, I thought that if the TB1/2 computers didn't need special hack, no need for the hack in the TB1/2 computers even with external TB3 enclosure via TB2-TB3 adapter.

Thunderbolt 3 enclosures need the hack from kid2010, even with older TB1/2 Macs: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,13547.msg36195.html#msg36195

Yes, I thought eGPU are officially supported with TB3, but Apple implemented artificial and unnecessary restrictions. Apple is so unbelievably STUPID. With full eGPU functionality their TB3 Mac's would be much more attractive.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:42:56 PM by Synchro03andsoon » Logged
ed_co

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »

Thunderbolt 3 enclosures need the hack from kid2010, even with older TB1/2 Macs: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,13547.msg36195.html#msg36195

Yes, I thought eGPU are officially supported with TB3, but Apple implemented artificial and unnecessary restrictions. Apple is so unbelievably STUPID. With full eGPU functionality their TB3 Mac's would be much more attractive.
Completely agree. Since Steve Jobs is not here, Apple is doing a lot of stupid things...

It should be great to see some benchmarks with the same configuration of graphic cards but with different connection, TB1, TB2 and TB3. And be able to see if really worth it with TB1 or not.

Someone was able to make it work in mbpr 2016 15"? Or still not possible?

Someone knows where to buy TB3 enclosures in Europe?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:13:52 PM by ed_co » Logged
mysticalos

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 10:23:07 PM »

Apple did a lot of stupid things when steve WAS around. I don't think that has anything to do with their mentality. Their focus has just always been a twisted view of a OCD to control everything and enforce their vision on users whether they want it or not. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong. When it's right apple is revolutionary but when it's wrong apple is stupid. At end of day though it's always been a company that does things their way and damn everyone else. They will always do things the apple way not the consumer way. The apple way currently is throw away devices with poor upgrade options, and mobile device/software priority.
ed_co

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 01:03:32 AM »

I understand what you say Grin

What about other questions like:

It should be great to see some benchmarks with the same configuration of graphic cards but with different connection, TB1, TB2 and TB3. And be able to see if really worth it with TB1 or not.

Someone was able to make it work in mbpr 2016 15"? Or still not possible?

Someone knows where to buy TB3 enclosures in Europe?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: