netkas.org forum
December 18, 2018, 05:04:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5870 Eyefinity in Mac Pro  (Read 6900 times)
bw_

« on: November 02, 2011, 02:09:04 AM »

Hi,

I'm trying to get this Sapphire card to work in a Mac Pro.  I flashed it with a ROM made using the instructions posted here, but screwed up running the script that fixes the oprom indicator.  It didn't work for EFI screens, but worked in Mac OS with 6 RadeonFramebuffers.  Sort of.. I could only get three outputs working at a time, but it could be something to do with active/passive adapters.

Anyway, I fixed my ROM, reflashed and now it doesn't work at all.  It now shows up as a 5870 instead of 5000 and has three Uakari framebuffers, but it complains about the power connector and won't work.  I used 5870_uakari_netkas.efi obviously.

Does the power connector warning actually mean something's wrong with the power?  Is there a way to just change the personality in my ROM to Zonalis?  It'd be nice to not have to mess with injectors or whatever.

Sorry if these are stupid questions.  I just started messing with this stuff today.

Thanks!
Rominator

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:05:03 AM »

Not a stupid question.

This is where my tests with Eye6 ended.

When Netkas uses his on a Hack, no problems.

BTW, did you notice that there are in fact 2 different power warnings?

You can use Zeus to remove one of them, but the other stays. Worst part is that it puts the card in "limp home" mode. I sent Netkas an ioreg dump but I never heard if he saw how to turn this power warning off.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
jenovadarkness
Not Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »

Rominator,

Are you sure that the card isn't usable because of the power warning or because Uakari is not the correct fb for the card.  I only got one power warning which I was able to disable.  The kernel logs indicated that the Uakari fb was not usable...I assume that since Netkas has indicated Zonalis works with the 5870 Eye6 that we need an EFI rom that indicated Zonalis rather than Uakari.  Not sure how to make this happen but hoping someone can tell me.
Rominator

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »

somewhere I have a Zonalis rom for it..same result

How did you disable power warning?

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
jenovadarkness
Not Newbie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »

Disabled the power warning through Zeus.  Do you know what changes are required in the EFI section to facilitate using Zonalis other than the name section?  I've tried changing it and found that Ioreg still uses Uakari, so I'm assuming there's something else which dictates the fb used like wherever device_type is grabbed from.

Try my ROM and see if you get only one power warning.
Rominator

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »

did you attach it somewhere?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: