netkas.org forum
December 01, 2020, 10:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATY_INIT not working in Lion. Can anybody point me in the right path?  (Read 25229 times)
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 02:06:52 AM »

So is this card just not supported? anyone!
Cindori

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:58 AM »

no one is answering because it's probably an error on your end, which is hard to troubleshoot. the setup you describe is supposed to work.

perhaps your copy of Lion is bad, perhaps your card isnt flashed at all, perhaps your rom is bad, etc etc
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:33:04 AM by Cindori » Logged

http://groths.org
Tools and news about Mac graphics and Hackintosh
Rominator

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »

I have a little bird buzzing in my ear that either one person is posting a lot about XFX 5770 woes, or there are a couple people.

If in fact there are a couple people, it could be that one version of card & ROM are having issues with OS updates.

I think we all remember (maybe not) that almost all 4870s flashed & worked beautifully until 10.6.3 when many of them became troubled. Especially hard hit were the XFX ZWxx cards. The odd thing was that the earlier XFX 4870 1 Gig cards had the BEST compatibility but the ZWxx are nearly unusable and have required hacks to work properly ever since.

I have been virulently angry whenever anyone talks about flashing cards for hacks since IN THE CONTEXT OF ADDING EFI this is 100% pointless. However, I seem to recall that at either Insanely or Tony & Clarabell's MacX86 site (still mad about 6870 news "confirmation") there was someone who flashed an XFX5770 with a different (PC BIOS ONLY) rom and had better results.

At some point, you may want to put the 5770 on CRaigslist and just buy a new or used 6870. Better in every way, including compatibility.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »

I have a little bird buzzing in my ear that either one person is posting a lot about XFX 5770 woes, or there are a couple people.

If in fact there are a couple people, it could be that one version of card & ROM are having issues with OS updates.

I think we all remember (maybe not) that almost all 4870s flashed & worked beautifully until 10.6.3 when many of them became troubled. Especially hard hit were the XFX ZWxx cards. The odd thing was that the earlier XFX 4870 1 Gig cards had the BEST compatibility but the ZWxx are nearly unusable and have required hacks to work properly ever since.

I have been virulently angry whenever anyone talks about flashing cards for hacks since IN THE CONTEXT OF ADDING EFI this is 100% pointless. However, I seem to recall that at either Insanely or Tony & Clarabell's MacX86 site (still mad about 6870 news "confirmation") there was someone who flashed an XFX5770 with a different (PC BIOS ONLY) rom and had better results.

At some point, you may want to put the 5770 on CRaigslist and just buy a new or used 6870. Better in every way, including compatibility.

Rominator,

Thank you for answering my question. I feel somewhat vindicated as I knew that I was not crazy and for not treating me like I am making stuff up and for actually reading my post before blasting me! Unfortunately some people have even insinuated that I lied about the flashed card or having a mac pro. I never quite understood why people would think that I would be dishonest if all I truly just want is to solve my problem. After spending a quite a bit of time pouring through the forums for hours upon hours; It simply did not add up. What I was reading and what I actually experienced where polar opposites. At some point I figured there is something really wrong here and maybe like I had mentioned in a prior post my specific card is just not compatible! I am going to try the straight up PC Bios and if not I will scrap the card as you have advised. I am just going to wait till I can afford a 6870 (any particular one you recommend?) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! for giving me a clear answer.

All the best

-A

lowrider

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 12:02:06 AM »

I have a used (bricked) MSI Hawk 6870.  I bricked it myself trying flash it with EFI.  Something I certainly will never do again.  I now have a Gigabyte 6870 OC.  Both cards work great in 10.7.2 and are fast and very quiet.  I am never going to try and do anything with the Gigabyte Card, because obviously I don't know what the heck I'm doing.  If someone thinks they can resurrect the MSI Hawk, send me a PM, or better yet email me @ loushain@gmail.com

Lou
ryanrhee90
Not Newbie

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

Just FYI for everyone: 10.6.8 breaks DisplayPort for HD 5870. This is also probably true for the 5770.

I have a 5870 (1GB, non-eyefinity) with 3 19" dell monitors hooked up. 2 are on the DVI ports, and 1 is on a DisplayPort, with a passive DP->VGA converter. Upgrading from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 kills the displayport monitor.

I'm running a hackintosh, but that doesn't change the fact that there's an update to the ATI Graphics kext in 10.6.8 which is probably what's causing the issue?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: