netkas.org forum
December 01, 2020, 10:46:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ATY_INIT not working in Lion. Can anybody point me in the right path?  (Read 25231 times)
aledesma
Not Newbie

« on: October 09, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »

Hey guys,

I have a flashed XFX-577A-ZNFR and I have been stuck on 10.6.7 because I have not been able to figure out how to get my card working in 10.6.8 or lion. IT works perfectly in 10.6.7 I even get boot screen wth DVI to VGA adapter. After many hours reading the forums it appears that all I may have to to do is install Netka's ATT_INIT for 5770. I have tried to install it and but still I cant get it to work. What am I doing wrong? Could it be that my card isn't Lion Compatible Huh

What I have done so far:

Tried using 10.6.7 Drivers, repaired permissions cleared caches etc.

I tried to modify ati5000Controller.kext S/L/E and removed references first of Langur then Hoolock and replaced with
Vervet, repaired permission cleared caches etc...

I tired to install ATT_INIT, repaired permission cleared caches etc.

I would love to use my card for now but if I have to buy one what do you guys reccomend?

Thanks to all of you in advance

-Alex

****Update*****

I have added the following to my com.apple.boot.plist with no results! getting can anybody put me on the right path?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
 <key>Kernel</key>
     <string>mach_kernel</string>
     <key>Kernel Flags</key>
     <string></string>
     <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
     <string>Yes</string>              
     <key>AtiConfig</key>
     <string>Vervet</string>
     <key>Timeout</key>
     <string>5</string>
     <key>Legacy Logo</key>
     <string>Yes</string>
     <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
     <string>Yes</string>
</plist>

This is what my ati5000controller.kext looks like

key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
   <dict>
      <key>Controller</key>
      <dict>
         <key>ATY,Vervet</key>
         <dict>
            <key>aty_config</key>
            <dict>
               <key>CFG_FORCE_ICLK</key>
               <true/>
            </dict>
         </dict>
         <key>ATY,Langur</key>
         <dict>
            <key>aty_config</key>
            <dict>
               <key>CFG_FORCE_ICLK</key>
               <true/>
            </dict>
         </dict>
         <key>ATY,Orangutan</key>
         <dict>
            <key>aty_config</key>
            <dict>
               <key>CFG_GPIO_HIGH</key>
               <integer>131104</integer>
            </dict>
         </dict>
         <key>ATY,Zonalis</key>
         <dict>
            <key>aty_config</key>
            <dict>
               <key>CFG_NO_PP</key>
               <true/>
            </dict>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:48:18 AM by aledesma » Logged
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »

Am I the only one who cant get a flashed 5770 to work in lion....I feel dumb!
cargo
Not Newbie

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »

Am I the only one who cant get a flashed 5770 to work in lion....I feel dumb!
If you have a real mac pro,after flashed 5770 card,don't install any ATY_INIT.
It worked from 10.6.5~10.7.X.
You said it work on 10.6.7 after flashed.Yes,it still worked well without any ATY_INTI on 10.6.8 or later.
Try it.
If you have a Hack,sorry,I don't have any idea about that.
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

Dude thank you for replying. Ever since 10.6.8 my card has been broken. On a clean Install of lion it the only way I can log in and get to the desktop is if I do a safe boot.  Otherwise th cursor stays flashing. It is the widest thing. Could it be the rom?
GULLYMAN
Not Newbie

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

If you flashed it and it worked ok with SL then it will work with Lion without doing anything. You don't need ATY init.
Cindori

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »

You obviously dont have a Mac Pro since you are talking about S/L/E.

FLASHING A CARD FOR HACKINTOSH DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.
etc.

http://groths.org
Tools and news about Mac graphics and Hackintosh
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »

Cindori,

First of all thank you for replying to my topic and for the work you do. I do have a 2009 Mac Pro NOT A HACKINTOSH when I installed 10.6.8 it broke my card so I reinstalled OS X and have been in 10.6.7 ever since. I would not be wasting your time if I had a hackintosh I know I do not need to flash a card for a hackintosh. If I am not mistaken isnt that what chameleon is for? Could it be that that specific card is not "compatible" or I flashed it incorrectly? what ever it is the card does not work with 10.6.8 or Lion. Believe me I have spent hours reading on these forums and I have learned so much but something is not adding up and I have reached the limit of what I can figure out on my own hence this topic. Here is the  EFIed rom  created by Rominator for AnimeFunTV who has the same card as me on this thread http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,692.msg4064.html#msg4064

Thanks again!

-Alex

* XFX-577A-ZNFR-EFI.rom (128 KB - downloaded 509 times.)
Cindori

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »

OK SRY FOR CAPS EARLIER.

I somehow mistook the hackintosh /Extra folder for S/L/E (which is the /system/library/extension) in conjunction with your edits to the boot.plist this lead me to believe you had a hackintosh.

I would suggest a clean install of Lion. If SL works for you, there should be no issues. Assuming you installed Lion with the 5770, the card obviously works with Lion as the installer is using the same drivers as the real OS when you boot from the disc/USB.

If it doesnt work, come back and we'll take it from there. It's impossible to help you in your current state with ATY_Init, driver edits, plist edits and whatnot going on.

http://groths.org
Tools and news about Mac graphics and Hackintosh
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:25 AM »

Cindori,

I am going to do another clean install but I will tell you what happens. I ususally start the install from my SL 10.6.7 install and select the partition were I install Lion. Then it reboots into it and completes the process. When it finishes it reboots and from that reboot I get nothing. It gets stuck and the cursor flashes. I will report back once I have a clean install going? Thanks for all the help.

-Alex
andystubbs

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 06:48:07 AM »

Don't edit your boot.plist when you do a clean install - those edits are only for a hack and relate to options within chameleon.
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 04:20:33 AM »

Guys I have reinstalled fresh and the same result occurred. During the install I could move the mouse etc but when it finished and rebooted, it the cursor disappears and comes back and I can move the mouse every 2 minutes. If do a safe boot I am on but no qe/ci etc...
doof
Not Newbie

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »

Try unplugging replugging the monitor. Try a different port on the card. Try to VNC to the machine, and check the profile/ settings.
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 01:16:56 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I have tried different ports but it with the same result. I am thinking  perhaps of trying a different rom. I think the problems lies in how the card is is being recognized. Perhaps cindori or one of the elders can shed more light as to what is happening. I already provided a rom dump maybe somebody can analyze it and see something that I cannot see.
GULLYMAN
Not Newbie

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT YOUR BOOT.PLIST

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT ANY KEXT

Just clean install and use your card...are you trolling?
aledesma
Not Newbie

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT YOUR BOOT.PLIST

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT ANY KEXT

Just clean install and use your card...are you trolling?

Gullyman, thanks for replying...I have already done a clean install and explained it in great detail in the Topic. When 10.6.8 was released something changed in the way that my card operated. Thus I have not been able to upgrade to 10.6.8 or Lion. After the clean install my machine is unusable unless I do a safe boot. Those edits I had done were out of desperation trying to make it work!!!! because I figured that it had to be something in the way my card was being recognized. Everything that I have read in the forum and believe me I have read hours and hours of posts going to back including your guide, Jenlin's, Netkas's on the 5770 which told me that the card should work as you have described.

LETS BE CLEAR 2009 MAC PRO + FLASHED XFX-577A-ZNFR + CLEAN INSTALL+ DOES NOT WORk FOR ME!!!
LETS BE CLEAR 2009 MAC PRO + FLASHED XFX-577A-ZNFR + CLEAN INSTALL+ DOES NOT WORk FOR ME!!!

It worked flawlessly until 10.6.8. If you need any anything else please let me know and I will gladly provide it for you if you think it will help. That being said I think I am trying to understand the cause of the problem hence the post. By the way what in the world is trolling?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:00:56 PM by aledesma » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: