Hi guys, first post here...
I just got my reference Sapphire RX 480, seeing what you got on this post I just tested it (I have an old hd 6770 working on el Capitan, W10 and Sierra) and wanted to see how it goes with the RX:
- It gets recognized as a R9 XXX with 8GB OOB (as expected)
- Injecting the ID (just changing the 67EF to 67DF on the X4000 kext just gets hangs the OS, on verbose mode it goes all the way to the start up (in fact I can see the SSD light flashing as if the OS is working), but no output over HDMI (i dont have a Display Port monitor to test another output)
@Rominator your tests were done over HDMI or DP?
After reading Fl0r!an post did the following modifications, as there its mentioned that the RX doesn't load if its primary (just crashes loading de FB):
- Added back my old 6770 and set it as primary on the bios (have an igpu but havent spend time making it work)
- modified the kext (doing injection on clover didn't work for me never has with the 6770 either)
- Start up with one monitor (dvi) to the 6770 and the other to de RX 480 (hdmi)
As a result I have the RX 480 finally with the Dayman FB loaded, as mentioned before it crashes runing Heaven benchmark, my 6770 doesn't have acceleration (I suspect that the Dayman FB defined in clover applies to both cards, running grep says is its running the generic FB, so checking how to have separate FB for each card).
Generally looks great as I think for sure it will should be fully supported card, meanwhile I got a small hdmi switch, so i can get to my el capitan installation with the 6770 and windows with the RX.