netkas.org forum
December 11, 2017, 04:26:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Netstor/Highpoint NA211TB with success?  (Read 2303 times)
Rominator

« on: November 25, 2015, 02:32:13 AM »

I decided to try one out and it seems even more problematic than the much cheaper Akitio.

And I can't find any info on how to configure the 2 DIP switches. One says "Slot 1 Gen1 or Gen 2" and the other offers choices between x1x4 and x8/x16

When one of them is moved it will turn an LED red infant of center slot.

But it doesn't seem to matter how I set them, eGPU has trouble booting, especially going to Windows.

The Dual 6/8 power cables are great, but being unable to boot an eGPU kind of makes them unneeded.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Rominator

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:44:28 AM »

So, playing with the DIP switched I was able to get eGPU working.

It doesn't seem to be quite as stable as a Sonnet, but I got a deal on this one so not too worried.

The x8 electrical connection is important.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: