netkas.org forum
July 11, 2020, 12:23:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: iMac4,1 and iMac5,1 Firmware Tool Released  (Read 397685 times)
GuilleCSGO
Not Newbie

« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2019, 11:59:21 PM »

Hi again, and Thanks for the reply.   Lips sealed

Yes, I noticed that errant link, but had already downloaded both of those files anyway.

Everything is fine up until the following section of the first terminal session. The script seems to refer to a Volume named 'iMacUpdate' but the Volume I see on the Desktop is named 'iMac EFI Updater'. I don't know how to resolve this discrepancy, and I can only assume the errors found in the second (sudo) terminal session are because of this issue. The correct files aren't being extracted, so no further actions can complete. I feel it is sooooo close, but am at a loss as to how to proceed...

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.  Cheesy

Thanks again!

verified   CRC32 $5BC606D7
/dev/disk2             Apple_partition_scheme            
/dev/disk2s1           Apple_partition_map               
/dev/disk2s2           Apple_Driver_ATAPI                
/dev/disk2s3           Apple_HFS                         /Volumes/iMac EFI Updater
cp: /Volumes/iMacUpdate/iMacFirmwareUpdate.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: Archive.pax.gz: No such file or directory
pax: Failed open to read on Archive.pax <No such file or directory>
cp: Applications/Utilities/iMac EFI Firmware Update.app/Contents/Resources/EFIUpdaterApp.efi: No such file or directory
cp: Applications/Utilities/iMac EFI Firmware Update.app/Contents/Resources/LOCKED_IM41_0055_08B.fd: No such file or directory
rm: Applications: No such file or directory
rm: Archive.pax: No such file or directory
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory
patching file iMac51-iMac41/EfiUpdaterApp2.efi
patch: **** Can't find file iMac41-iMac51/EfiUpdaterApp.efi : No such file or directory
iMac:~ user$

Hi Cuban,

I'm SO sorry!

You are totally right, there was something wrong with my instructions. After checking it I have discovered  the Efi update 1.1 link was not the correct one.
I have corrected my original post, so please try to download Efi upadte 1.1 from the new link and try again the procedure!

Hi Cuban,

I think in this iMac EFI world I'm more a padawan than a jedi!

First of all, please take a look to my response to Wurlitzer1 because I made other mistake with the script used in the second terminal session (it is not the correct one).

Then, regarding your problem...

• Efi update 1.1: iMacFirmwareUpdate.dmg to -> iMacEFIiMac41.dmg -> It mounts "/Volumes/iMacUpdate"
  • Efi update 1.2: iMacFirmwareUpdate1.2.dmg to -> iMacEFIiMac51.dmg -> It mounts "/Volumes/iMac EFI Updater"

The problem you are having is related with iMacEFIiMac41.dmg. Are you sure that .dmg is Efi update 1.1? Can you double check it?

[/list]

cuban
Not Newbie

« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2019, 12:27:03 AM »

Master Yoda. You are Master Yoda now.  Cool

IT WORKED! I have an Early 2006 iMac 5,1 now.

Thank You very much. Yes, I must have somehow mixed up the files. My bad.

You've just made me, and I'm sure many others, very happy.

Good on ya, Yoda  Grin

Hi Cuban,

First of all, please take a look to my response to Wurlitzer1 because I made other mistake with the script used in the second terminal session (it is not the correct one).

• Efi update 1.1: iMacFirmwareUpdate.dmg to -> iMacEFIiMac41.dmg -> It mounts "/Volumes/iMacUpdate"
  • Efi update 1.2: iMacFirmwareUpdate1.2.dmg to -> iMacEFIiMac51.dmg -> It mounts "/Volumes/iMac EFI Updater"

The problem you are having is related with iMacEFIiMac41.dmg. Are you sure that .dmg is Efi update 1.1? Can you double check it?

GuilleCSGO
Not Newbie

« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »

Master Yoda. You are Master Yoda now.  Cool

IT WORKED! I have an Early 2006 iMac 5,1 now.

Thank You very much. Yes, I must have somehow mixed up the files. My bad.

You've just made me, and I'm sure many others, very happy.

Good on ya, Yoda  Grin

Hi Cuban,

Great news!!!

I'm more than happy to have helped you!

In fact I did this tutorial because I know how it feels when after spending a couple of hours updating the CPU of the iMac you face that the easiest step of the process (the EFI update) doesn't work. That's why I wanted to share this tutorial with all you guys.

so..enjoy your "Late" 2006 iMac  Wink!!
cuban
Not Newbie

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »

Grin  Yes, it was a disappointment after doing the CPU upgrade, that's for sure.

I wonder how Wurlitzer1 made out...

Have a great day.

Great news!!!

In fact I did this tutorial because I know how it feels when after spending a couple of hours updating the CPU of the iMac you face that the easiest step of the process (the EFI update) doesn't work. That's why I wanted to share this tutorial with all you guys.

Wurlitzer1

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2019, 05:54:06 PM »

Grin  Yes, it was a disappointment after doing the CPU upgrade, that's for sure.

I wonder how Wurlitzer1 made out...

Have a great day.

Great news!!!

Hi I just tried it and it worked like magic!
Many thanks for your help!
cuban
Not Newbie

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2019, 12:53:42 PM »

Hi I just tried it and it worked like magic!
Many thanks for your help!

I'm more than happy to have helped you! In fact I did this tutorial because I know how it feels
when after spending a couple of hours updating the CPU of the iMac you face that the easiest step
of the process (the EFI update) doesn't work. That's why I wanted to share this tutorial with all you guys.

Grin  Excellent! All hail Master Yoda.

hyc

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2020, 11:04:39 PM »

hi all,
did anyone find a way to install more than 2GB of ram on an iMac 5,2 by doing a similar change ? if so, how ?
whauper

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »

So I have tried to re download the efi 1.1 withthe new link but it says access denied. does anyone still have that file. I am having the same problem Cuban had
whauper

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2020, 02:12:10 AM »

So I figured out the problem and now my Imac is 5,1 Model Identifer thank you so much
radmos

« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2020, 02:06:57 PM »

Imac 4.1 20" 2006 bootRom-Im41.0055.B08 ,SMC-1.1F5 , 2ghz intel core duo, DRR2 2x 1GB ram, Mac OSX 10-5-8.

I'd like  to update it to imac 5.1 with iMac4,1 and iMac5,1 Firmware Tool Released taken from the forum but I cannot do it, the application won't start, does nothing, a popup windows appears ":Unexpectable finished working".

I've got a question if I need to change the processor to intel core 2 duo first and then try to install iMac4,1 and iMac5,1 Firmware Tool Released. Will it work then?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: