netkas.org forum
December 08, 2019, 10:55:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: iMac4,1 and iMac5,1 Firmware Tool Released  (Read 359800 times)
ItzMatrox

« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2016, 11:48:31 AM »

Hey, I updated the frimware. First of all. I couldn't install Lion without making modifications on it. Okay that wasn't too hard. But since I updated the frimware the LED next to the ISight camera is on as soon as I turn on the mac, and I can't use it. Can someone help me please?
miguej

« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2016, 08:42:19 AM »

Hello,

I did the firmware upgrade from 4,1 to 5,1 long time ago. And, of course, install Lion.

But now, apple says that "Lion & Mountain Lion are dead" so I've tried upgrade to Mavericks...but no success at all.

Obviously, I known about EFI32 and so...but every time y did a bootable mavericks usb (from several methods) my imac doesn't boot.

If I use the "verbose" option it seems to get stuck at early start...usualy al "PCI" section...

Also (for information) I have used different usb sticks...

So, it is impossible upgrade (even installing) Mavericks on my mac?

Hardware changed to imac 4,1 --> Core 2 Duo T7200 and 4gb ram

Thanks
miguej

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2016, 11:41:08 PM »

Update, here is a photo using verbose boot
(see attach)

* IMG_20160522_002817.jpg (196.06 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 1472 times.)
chukgek07

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »

I did the firmware upgrade iMac from 4.1 to 5.1 .
How to make work adapter miniDVI to HDMI ? It does not display on TV or video or audio.
qlka8402

« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2016, 02:09:40 PM »

Hello, im new user of iMac early 2006, i change processor to t7600 and i need change efi now from 4.1 to 5.1, what i must to do first? i have firmware tools, install it i reboot iMac and nothing. Always i have 4.1, why? Is any tutorial how to make 5.1 from 4.1 (youtube)?
trdavis55

« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2016, 11:37:11 PM »

The firmware tool is failing to install, quit unexpectedly.
I have changed the CPU to 2.33 Duo core, and am still using the original RAM.
Thoughts on how to complete the firmware upgrade?
maxfix

« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »

Any hope for iMac5,2 users to have more then 3GB RAM? I just tried 2 x 2GB and it gives me black screen on boot.
Wurlitzer1

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2019, 02:34:31 AM »

Hi, i upgraded my imac 4.1 processor with the following processor.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:   iMac
  Model Identifier:   iMac4,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   2.33 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   4 MB
  Memory:   2 GB
  Bus Speed:   667 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:   IM41.0055.B08
  SMC Version (system):   1.1f5
  Serial Number (system):   W86064DSU2N
  Hardware UUID:   00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB8BB585

Now i'm unable to upgrade the firmware from 4,1 to 5,1
After the creation of the of the RamDisk, I get the following message:

The program has encountered an error:

then it quits

I tried resetting the Pram
I tried repairing permissions
but still encounter this error.

I read all the posts and some had encountered error 5570
but nothing about error 5530.
help please.

Alux

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »

Hi Wurlitzer1,

You are not alone. I encountered the same problem yesterday.
The program starts and then it seems to try to download files.
I too get the error 5530. I' ve found a solution so far and therefore would really appreciate to get some hints to solve this issue.
I succeeded to install Windows 10 (!!)   on my old early 2006 imac and it seems to run without any flaws so far. But a bit slow due to the low 2GB RAM. I guess with 3 or 4 GB it would be much faster.
Best regards,
Alex
GuilleCSGO
Not Newbie

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »

Hi all,

I have developed a workaround to avoid error 5530. Take a seat!

STEP 1 - Download EFI updates from Apple

STEP 2 - Remame downloaded .dmg

• Efi update 1.1: iMacFirmwareUpdate.dmg -> rename to -> iMacEFIiMac41.dmg
  • Efi update 1.2: iMacFirmwareUpdate1.2.dmg -> rename to -> iMacEFIiMac51.dmg

STEP 3 - Run iMac41-iMac51 Firmware Tool

• Run it as usual. It will report error 5530 as before and it will create on desktop a RamDisk volume. DO NOT EXPULSE IT!

STEP 4 - Copy files to RamDisk

• Select "iMac41-iMac51 Firmware Tool.app", right click and then click on "Show packet content"
  • Copy the following files to "/Volumes/RamDisk": ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh, iMac41EFIUpdater.patch, iMac51EFIUpdater.patch and UpdateEFIiMac41-iMac51.sh.
  • Copy also the two downloaded .dmg from Apple: iMacEFIiMac41.dmg and iMacEFIiMac51.dmg

STEP 5 - Lets do the Magic

• Open a terminal and drag and drop on it the ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh script. Then run it and wait until everything finish
  • Open a terminal, type sudo and then drag and drop the UpdateEFIiMac41-iMac51.sh script: sudo /Volumes/Ramdisk/UpdateEFIiMac41-iMac51.sh. Then run it and wait until everything finishes (at the end it should report that return code is 0, which means that everything worked correctly).

STEP 6 - Reboot

• Shutdown the iMac
  • Turn it on and keep pressed power button until the iMac light ENDS blinking
  • You will hear a BEEP sound
  • The iMac will start the EFI update (a progress bar should be displayed)
  • Wait the EFI update to complete and….. Voila!

I was too sad when after upgrading the CPU of my old early 2006 iMac I saw the error 5530 when trying to upgrade the EFI in order to achieve 4GB of RAM that I said "You MUST find the solution!". So this is it! I relly hope this guide can help all of you guys to upgrade your iMacs!!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 11:05:22 PM by GuilleCSGO » Logged
cuban
Not Newbie

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »

Hi GuilleCSGO  :-)

I've tried to apply your fix because I'm in the same boat as the others. The 5530 error. Your fix looks like it's trying to work but is having trouble finding/copying certain files, so isn't completing the process. At least for me anyway. Is it possible you can double-check those instructions, or perhaps let me know what I can try at my end?

I'd love to install that 4 gigs of ram.

Thanks so much!

Hi all,

• Run it as usual. It will report error 5530 as before and it will create on desktop a RamDisk volume. DO NOT EXPULSE IT!

• Select "iMac41-iMac51 Firmware Tool.app", right click and then click on "Show packet content"
  • Copy the following files to "/Volumes/RamDisk": ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh, iMac41EFIUpdater.patch, iMac51EFIUpdater.patch and UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh.
  • Copy also the two downloaded .dmg from Apple: iMacEFIiMac41.dmg and iMacEFIiMac51.dmg

• Open a terminal and drag and drop on it the ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh script. Then run it and wait until everything finish
  • Open a terminal, type sudo and then drag and drop the UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh script: sudo /Volumes/Ramdisk/UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh. Then run it and wait until everything finishes (at the end it should report that return code is 0, which means that everything worked correctly).

STEP 6 - Reboot

• Shutdown the iMac

I was too sad when after upgrading the CPU of my old early 2006 iMac I saw the error 5530 when trying to upgrade the EFI in order to achieve 4GB of RAM that I said "You MUST find the solution!". So this is it! I relly hope this guide can help all of you guys to upgrade your iMacs!!

GuilleCSGO
Not Newbie

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »

Hi GuilleCSGO  :-)

I've tried to apply your fix because I'm in the same boat as the others. The 5530 error. Your fix looks like it's trying to work but is having trouble finding/copying certain files, so isn't completing the process. At least for me anyway. Is it possible you can double-check those instructions, or perhaps let me know what I can try at my end?

I'd love to install that 4 gigs of ram.

Thanks so much!

Hi all,

• Copy the following files to "/Volumes/RamDisk": ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh, iMac41EFIUpdater.patch, iMac51EFIUpdater.patch and UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh.

• Open a terminal, type sudo and then drag and drop the UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh script: sudo /Volumes/Ramdisk/UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh. Then run it and wait until everything finishes (at the end it should report that return code is 0, which means that everything worked correctly).

STEP 6 - Reboot

• Shutdown the iMac

Hi Cuban,

I'm SO sorry!

You are totally right, there was something wrong with my instructions. After checking it I have discovered  the Efi update 1.1 link was not the correct one.
I have corrected my original post, so please try to download Efi upadte 1.1 from the new link and try again the procedure!
Wurlitzer1

« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2019, 02:03:41 AM »

Hi i've tried it and i'm having troubles with the sudo part of the magic

In terminal, ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh script work well but the second part wont work.
I have the following message in terminal:

Ordinateur-Pas-Cher:~ jean$ sudo/Volumes/RamDisk/UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh
-bash: sudo/Volumes/RamDisk/UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh: No such file or directory
Ordinateur-Pas-Cher:~ jean$

Ordinateur-Pas-Cher is the name of my iMac.

the script refer to this folder:

updatesdir2="/System/Library/CoreServices/Firmware Updates/iMacEFIUpdate"

but there is nothing in the /System/Library/CoreServices/Firmware Updates directory.

is it normal?

thanks for your help
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:18:57 AM by Wurlitzer1 » Logged
cuban
Not Newbie

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2019, 06:39:47 PM »

Hi again, and Thanks for the reply.   Lips sealed

Yes, I noticed that errant link, but had already downloaded both of those files anyway.

Everything is fine up until the following section of the first terminal session. The script seems to refer to a Volume named 'iMacUpdate' but the Volume I see on the Desktop is named 'iMac EFI Updater'. I don't know how to resolve this discrepancy, and I can only assume the errors found in the second (sudo) terminal session are because of this issue. The correct files aren't being extracted, so no further actions can complete. I feel it is sooooo close, but am at a loss as to how to proceed...

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.  Cheesy

Thanks again!

verified   CRC32 $5BC606D7
/dev/disk2             Apple_partition_scheme            
/dev/disk2s1           Apple_partition_map               
/dev/disk2s2           Apple_Driver_ATAPI                
/dev/disk2s3           Apple_HFS                         /Volumes/iMac EFI Updater
cp: /Volumes/iMacUpdate/iMacFirmwareUpdate.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz: No such file or directory
gzip: Archive.pax.gz: No such file or directory
pax: Failed open to read on Archive.pax <No such file or directory>
cp: Applications/Utilities/iMac EFI Firmware Update.app/Contents/Resources/EFIUpdaterApp.efi: No such file or directory
cp: Applications/Utilities/iMac EFI Firmware Update.app/Contents/Resources/LOCKED_IM41_0055_08B.fd: No such file or directory
rm: Applications: No such file or directory
rm: Archive.pax: No such file or directory
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory
patching file iMac51-iMac41/EfiUpdaterApp2.efi
patch: **** Can't find file iMac41-iMac51/EfiUpdaterApp.efi : No such file or directory
iMac:~ user$

Hi Cuban,

I'm SO sorry!

You are totally right, there was something wrong with my instructions. After checking it I have discovered  the Efi update 1.1 link was not the correct one.
I have corrected my original post, so please try to download Efi upadte 1.1 from the new link and try again the procedure!
GuilleCSGO
Not Newbie

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2019, 11:20:34 PM »

Hi i've tried it and i'm having troubles with the sudo part of the magic

In terminal, ExtractAndPatchEFIFiles.sh script work well but the second part wont work.
I have the following message in terminal:

Ordinateur-Pas-Cher:~ jean$ sudo/Volumes/RamDisk/UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh
-bash: sudo/Volumes/RamDisk/UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh: No such file or directory
Ordinateur-Pas-Cher:~ jean$

Ordinateur-Pas-Cher is the name of my iMac.

the script refer to this folder:

updatesdir2="/System/Library/CoreServices/Firmware Updates/iMacEFIUpdate"

but there is nothing in the /System/Library/CoreServices/Firmware Updates directory.

is it normal?

thanks for your help

Hi Wurlitzer1!

A couple of things:

• The problem you are having is your are not leaving an space between the "sudo" and the script's path. The Terminal entry should be like this: "sudo /Volumes/RamDisk..." instead of "sudo/Volumes/RamDisk..."
  • I made ANOTHER mistake (I think I was so excited of sharing this workaround that I forgot to double check it. I'm sorry again) and the correct script you must copy to "Volumes/RamDisk" is "UpdateEFIiMac41-iMac51.sh", not "UpdateEFIiMac51-iMac41.sh". So please, delete current one, copy the iMac41-iMac51 one and then run it in terminal (or just follow again my original post, I have updated it)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: