netkas.org forum
September 26, 2020, 12:58:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool Released  (Read 1085920 times)
Vipereye

« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »

Good evening everybody!!! I have recently updated my mac pro 1.1 to 2.1 successfully with the updater from the first page. But I have a HUGE issue!!  Cry I applied the update and everything was working perfect (2.1 identified on System Preferences, etc...) but yesterday I upgraded my two 2.66Ghz x5150 Dual Core processors to two 3.0 Ghz x5365 Quad Core processors and when I powered on again my Mac Pro, the power light was turned on, fans working, but no chime nor anything (screen with no signal in black,  etc)...so It's not booting!!!! just a continuos sound like when it's trying to open the dvd tray..., so I turned off and turned on again and always is in the same way, PLEASE HELP ME!!.... I am blocked! And don't know what to do... Cry Thank you in advance to everybody.
trifero

« Reply #451 on: July 16, 2015, 03:36:16 AM »

Sounds good!
However this is new upgrade tool version for mp1.1-005D-B00 fw, with support for the "release dates" collect 'till now:
Mine is (was) 0709141354
cim01's rd was 0708280936

I can't test it so I hope it will works, otherwise you can download the previous version (up on this page) and patch with your personal release date.
Have a nice day folks!

Antonello (ant0)

Thank you so much. I was desperate when upgraded my Mac Pro 1,1 with the X5365 cpu´s. So hot and strange reboots, "unknow procesor"  item. Now works like a charm.

Thnx!
trifero

« Reply #452 on: July 16, 2015, 03:39:27 AM »

Good evening everybody!!! I have recently updated my mac pro 1.1 to 2.1 successfully with the updater from the first page. But I have a HUGE issue!!  Cry I applied the update and everything was working perfect (2.1 identified on System Preferences, etc...) but yesterday I upgraded my two 2.66Ghz x5150 Dual Core processors to two 3.0 Ghz x5365 Quad Core processors and when I powered on again my Mac Pro, the power light was turned on, fans working, but no chime nor anything (screen with no signal in black,  etc)...so It's not booting!!!! just a continuos sound like when it's trying to open the dvd tray..., so I turned off and turned on again and always is in the same way, PLEASE HELP ME!!.... I am blocked! And don't know what to do... Cry Thank you in advance to everybody.

I have seen this before, the same happened to me.  I hope i´m wrong, but it seems you made a bad cpu replacement. Probably you have bended one or more pins in the cpu sockets.

Vipereye

« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »

Thank you for you reply! OMG! Hope no... Shocked I'm going to check that pins and replace them with the old ones..., now I have to open it again..., what a nightmare!  Embarrassed I will keep you updated! Pray not to have them bended and have to replace the main board...  Cry thank you so much!!  Wink
Speedingfreak

« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »

Hi there all! Just opened up the good old MacPro1,1 to replace the stock GPU for a secondhand HD5770. This is all in advance off upgrading the CPU's with 2 E5345 and finally installing the Mac with Yosemite.

Used the firmware update tool and it worked just fine! So here in the Netherlands the upgrade is closing in!!
uruiamme

« Reply #455 on: August 18, 2015, 08:05:56 AM »

VERY late to the party, but desperately trying to figure this out...

I have the tool, and it does indeed try to head out to the web for its payload, which I cannot see into since the script was made read-only.  I have not yet sniffed out where it is headed and what it expects to find, but I'm confident something's changed - whatever site and file name it expects to see it can't, and so it reports (after trying for about 30 seconds) that the app has no Internet access.

Thanks!

According to the script file inside the zipped program, the firmware tool needs to download this file from Apple:
http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/nph-reg3rdpty2.pl/product=15048&cat=61&platform=osx&method=sa/MacProFirmwareUpdate1.2.dmg

So in order to check for connectivity, it pings www.apple.com. You can see this in the file named "Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool.scpt" located in the folder: MacPro2006-2007FirmwareTool\Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool.app\Contents\Resources\Scripts

It is not trying to phone home your mother's maiden name or spam the Internet or anything, but it seems to rely on a ping of a webserver... which is not a recommended way to check access of http (Web) access, as it is a different protocol entirely. If I was the coder, I would replace the ping with a wget of the apple.com homepage to test for web access. A more intuitive error message would have helped, too! And perhaps the coder could have written the program to permit the user to manually download the dmg file from Apple themselves... and the program would work offline.

I hope to try out the firmware tool soon. I wished some of the caveats could be linked to a FAQ so we didn't have to browse 32 pages of this thread!!
nbfiore

« Reply #456 on: August 23, 2015, 07:08:33 PM »

I have tried this three times on my 2006 mac pro and still not working, I have followed the instructions to a tee and still no go?
uruiamme

« Reply #457 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48:35 AM »

I hope to try out the firmware tool soon. I wished some of the caveats could be linked to a FAQ so we didn't have to browse 32 pages of this thread!!

I tried it. Everything worked for me except the instructions. With the machine off, press and hold the power button until you hear the buzzer, and then release. The fist post was a bit vague on how that part happens.

I did an upgrade and a downgrade and another upgrade of my Mac Pro 1,1 firmware. I also needed to fix a blank serial number ... there is a secret CD app for that! I used the one from 2007 I think. The download was about 11 MB.
mattshacks

« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »

Hi all,

I really hope there's some help to find here.

- My config : MacPro1,1
- OS X 10.5.8
- Boot-ROM-Version      :   MP11.005D.B00
- SMC-Version (System):   1.7f10

I read a lot of threads on this already, but couldn't find a version of the tool that's not crashing on my system.

After downloading the firmware update tool from post one and starting the tool, I keep getting this error :

Process:         Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool [917]
Path:            /Users/admin/Downloads/Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool
Identifier:      com.apple.ASApplication
Version:         Huh (Huh)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [73]

Interval Since Last Report:          19570 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           3
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3

Date/Time:       2015-09-08 12:40:41.322 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  C9328D4E-852F-4542-BD20-417B4EB7E591

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  unknown required load command 0x80000022

Since I am not that good in interpreting these reports, I hope that there's some help to find here.
I already searched for the error message in this forum and only found it mentioned once in the 4,1 -> 5,1 thread.
Unfortunately, there's no answer to find either.

I also installed the matching xcode package thinking there might be some valid 'load command' the tool is missong.

Anything I could have been done wrong (well - probably a lot ) ?

Any help is greatly appreciated 
Thanks a lot for any help.

Matts
spirochete

« Reply #459 on: September 10, 2015, 06:49:58 PM »

For those of you where the 1,1 -> 2,1 updater FAILED………

I too had this fail and fail, and fail, and fail  - process seemed normal - updater downloaded files - created RAM disk - restart with flashing LED / long tone - Firmware progress bar appeared (only for about 1 sec) and then switched to booting from its HD. About this Mac > still a 1,1   !!!

Huh

Must've tried this 20 or more different ways over a couple of days - tried just about every permutation I could think of - nothing !

Just about to give up, and as one last try - ( still leaving Mac in its 'barebones' factory state - i.e. no extra hardware, Apple vid card etc)…..

clean install of OSX 10.7.5 on a clean drive - nothing else

Single 'clean' Admin User account

Set startup drive to the fresh install

reboot ( pulled other drive sleds out ) so that it only had the one clean install drive……

Download a fresh copy of the updater from the Netkas site (you must be logged into Netkas to see / get it)

Ran it ( as per dozens of other times !),

Reboot with button held down until it flashes……… chime…… Apple Logo AND ………..Firmware Bar !!!!!!!!!

About a minute to reflash - reboots - Mac now shows 2,1 - YAAAYYY !!

WHY?……. I have abs' NO idea what was blocking it, but something clearly was.

So, If you're one of those who gave this up as a lost cause (as I almost did), you might want to have one last try…………..??

Rgds to all,

TAMM
zondas
Not Newbie

« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »

Please help me

I have a Mac Pro 1.1.I upgraded it with X5355 and then i have tried update the firmware to 2.1.I have the ROM MP11.005D.B00.I have the Update tool of ant0.But it nothing work.I have tried it about 20x.Please help me.I hear the GONG and than it started direct to HD (OS X).There is no a firmwarebar nothing.
505_pike

« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »

Couldn't have been any easier. Get a little more life from this 9 year old dinosaur. Many Thanks to developer.

Basic Machine Specs: 2006 A1186 5365x2, ATI 4870hd, WD Velociraptor HD
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:09:15 PM by 505_pike » Logged
zondas
Not Newbie

« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2015, 08:45:43 AM »

Can everybody help me Please.I can`t update my MacPr 1.1.There is no Process bar.It booted direct in OS X.After Creating RamDisk , i shutdown the mac and upon restarting i hold down the power button.I hear the GONG and left the Powerbutton but they to do nothing to update the firmware.There is noch Process bar and it startet direct in HD.Please help me !!!!
eitch

« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »

just run the f/w update on a 2006 4.1
Works great.

BIG thankyou
Rominator

« Reply #464 on: October 09, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »

zondas, do you have an EFI card?

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: