netkas.org forum
May 25, 2019, 01:11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Pro 2006-2007 Firmware Tool Released  (Read 859360 times)
vwpieces

« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:32 PM »

Would like to say Thank You Sirs.
Had the 005D.B00 & now it's a 2.1. Plan on a future CPU upgrade so I am already ahead of the game. Running 10.6.8 & so far it's good.

This is my First Mac & I have never used one before. I acquired 3 Decommissioned 2006 1.1 Mac Pro from my work, 4 if you count the one I gutted for parts. All are 4 core 2.66 in various states, missing something, none working. One is now working & I think it's a keeper. Took it completely apart & cleaned it out with new thermal paste on all the heat sinks. Just installed Airport & BT along with 16GB ram that showed up today. Also the OS is RAID 0 w/ 2, 250GB Sata 300 (free from my work junk pile). Initially I was expecting more from this but it wasn't until the second OS install in Raid 0 that I felt good about the efforts so far. Disk Utility makes RAID so darn easy...

gotta go, some Dell servers are ending on ebay with pairs of X5355 quads

Thanks again, I'll be back for more 64bit boot loaders & try Windows on it.
Nick
jnyce695

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »

i tried to install the firmware and it wont start the installation process. i downloaded the firmware, clicked it to start the process, it created a ram disk and extracted some files to it, i was then prompted to shut down the computer( killing the ramdisk by the way) and restart it holding down the power button until flashing light or long bleep sound and then let go of the power button. i did that and the computer sat still for a couple seconds and then restarted back to how it usually does. nothing happened. please help

also i mounted the dmg that was extracted from the ram disk using toast and it showed an installer package for the firmware. when i clicked it it said my computer does not need this update. it also said that when i tried updating the firmware through the stuff on apples website. am i locked into the firmware i already have? i havent been getting any kernal crashes since i installed my 5365's and i have 10.6.8. im not sure what to do here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:41:10 PM by jnyce695 » Logged
saulvi

« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »

My 2006 Mac Pro has firmware version MP11.005D.B00. Patch not work for me  Undecided
ssgbryan

« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:20 AM »

Go to pg 13 - next to last post

anto made a separate app for those of us with the MP11.005D.B00 boot ROM
bubble

« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »

Installed and works like a charm. Boot ROM Version changed from .B08 to B06 tho. Not that it matters  Grin
sdgros01
Not Newbie

« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2013, 02:53:54 AM »

What are people average fan speeds and temp after upgrading to a pair of x5355's?

Just curious
silverblot

« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2013, 03:17:46 AM »

thanks a mil to MacEFIRom for this awesome firmware tool.

Today I've upgraded my mac pro 2006 to the x5365 chips, next ran the firmware update, also had to do 2 restarts in order that both processors were recognized, worked like a charm.
saulvi

« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »

Finally, it's WORK. Great JOB. Thank you man. Grin
Jmorganix

« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »

I must be a dope... because I cannot find just where I download this 2006>2007 update...

Can someone clue me in?  Please?

Jenn
schnabeltier

« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »

Smiley Big thanks to all the people who put so much effort and time, not to mention nerve, in this. Works like a charm for me.

To the above posters: The File is attached to the first post of this thread.
michelemiorelli

« Reply #295 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »

Yesssssss!!!!!!! thank you guy!!!!!! I'm happy!! the tool work!! firmware update from 1.1 to 2.1!
badass88

« Reply #296 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »

hi,
i have upgraded my mac pro 1,1 quad core to 8 core, i have MP11-005C.B08, but when i try to update the firmware with the tool, it wont go.
when i restart and press power button until flashes, after the long sound, my mac see 1,1 firmware.
how i can solve this problem?

thanks a lot at all
Tare071
Not Newbie

« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:42 PM »

apparently no one has an idea why this tool wont start firmware update....and why it gives message "This program requires Internet access. Please connect your Mac Pro to the Internet and try again"
TBH i can't figure out how someone had an idea how to make mac pro 1.1 updates it self to 2.1 yet not one person willing to make the manual firmware flash procedure.......

./sigh
Rominator

« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »

apparently no one has an idea why this tool wont start firmware update....and why it gives message "This program requires Internet access. Please connect your Mac Pro to the Internet and try again"
TBH i can't figure out how someone had an idea how to make mac pro 1.1 updates it self to 2.1 yet not one person willing to make the manual firmware flash procedure.......

./sigh

your issue has been written about in the other thread.

To flash manually you would need to do it in EFI layer, if you can't follow the app thread, you would never follow the EFI instructions

The Internet issue is written about, dig

And stop blaming people who have helped for FREE. You will get more bears with honey than vinegar

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Tare071
Not Newbie

« Reply #299 on: March 09, 2013, 05:41:22 PM »

./sigh

your issue has been written about in the other thread.

To flash manually you would need to do it in EFI layer, if you can't follow the app thread, you would never follow the EFI instructions

The Internet issue is written about, dig

And stop blaming people who have helped for FREE. You will get more bears with honey than vinegar

First of all, "This program requires Internet access. Please connect your Mac Pro to the Internet and try again" issue is mentioned only and i mean ONLY in one thread on the whole internet and that is in this one, mostly by me, as far as i can see few others that also have same issue stopped trying. Secondly i have to thank you for assessing my knowledge and my whole intellect as someone "who can't do this or that".....others usually needed decades to draw that conclusion about me.
Also who blamed anyone for anything? This is fourth time i asked does anyone knows how to rectify this error or manually install the bios, and appart from you now,  not one individual answered. .....hm i'm guessing that you are type of bear who wants to be honeyed up several time ROFL. I also sent about 10 PM to several members and not one answered, which isn't saying much about me but about others and their willing to help.
Now how about we stick to the subject and You try to help little ignorant and rude me solving "no internet" issue instead of giving me this psychoanalysis. I tried to run this utility with ADSL modem, with XDSL connection, with WiFi, with cable connection with fixed IP and all the time it gives the same message - no internet, also tried to run the patch of the NTFS partitions, FAT32 partitions, boot drives, external drives, USB sticks and nothing helped.
And since you are obviously delicate flower plz don't find my post insulting, wouldn't want you to get me wrong - hell i'm just out of honey right now......  :-)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:49:59 PM by Tare071 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: