netkas.org forum
June 23, 2017, 01:10:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: AppleIntelCPU, AppleACPI, etc...  (Read 26730 times)
bob

MBP 17" + HackPro Core2Quad PCEFI8 :)

« on: January 16, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »

I was thinking that maybe there's a way to solve the HPET error, and the reboot issue ussing strings? i mean, the same way TM was solved ussing strings, maybe instead of replace AppleACPI to fix reboot and remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to fix HPET error, theres a way to solve this with the strings???
Ill try with the HPET thing looking on my mbp to see whats there... but not sure about AppleACPI to fix reboot.... ?
indraganzo

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 12:36:41 AM »

I'm with you bro!

Mobo: MSI 975x Platinum PU edition CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad 6600 @ 2.89 Ghz GFX Card: Sparkle NVidia 7600 GS 256mb Memory: 4 x 1gb DDR2 667mhz HD: Seagate Baracuda 7200 80GB Os: Leopard 10.5.5 vanilla Kexts ,Sleep and Shutdown ok
BladeRunner

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:59:46 AM »

bob:  I noticed that you have a core2 system. If you get something working, or get some good ideas on how to do it, please post the info. I would like to try to implement it on my pent. 4 system - unless your solution demands an efi enabled mobo.

Hacintosh:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz [SSE3/PAE/HTT]
Codename: Prescott Package: Socket 478 mPGA
RAM: 2.0GB Disk: 307.36GB/1.13TB
Display: GeForce FX 5500 [256 MB/QE/Stock] 1600x1200@60Hz
Build: i386 Build Date: Tue Feb 26 21:21:24 SCT 2008
bob

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:35:48 PM »

Looking on my MBP, i noticed something, first HPET appears under PCI0@0/LPCB@1F/HPET, but on my hackintosh it appears as PCI0@0/HPET .. And the other thing is CPU's that on my MBP they starts at 0@0, i mean, CPU0@0+CPU1@1 but on my hackintosh they start at CPU0@1+CPU1@2...

frantisheq

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 01:56:25 PM »

./gfxutil -f HPET gave me this DevicePath = Acpi(PNP0103,0x0)

* hpet.tiff (113.47 KB, 740x588 - viewed 697 times.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:02:32 PM by frantisheq » Logged
bob

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »

Yeah, same here on my hackintosh, but its diferent on my MBP, gfxstring -f HPET returns:

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x0)/Acpi(PNP0c01,0x0)

Huh The weird is that LPC is the same address, but HPET on MBP is under LPC, and but its not on the Hackintosh...

Also the CPU's are enumerated from @0, but on hackintosh it starts on @1

Atached, how it looks on my MBP...

* Picture 1.png (97.21 KB, 748x629 - viewed 365 times.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:24:12 PM by bob » Logged
bob

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:28 PM »

I been seeing that Apple updates the firmware to correct things, and supposedly, efi is upgraded in te process too... When these updates comes, they are for different platforms, MakBook, MakBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac, etc, So what i mean, is that efi firmware is not for a specific platform, but diferent versions/properties/etc... So my thought is that, based on what i can see, the PCEfi8 is based on a MacBook firmware, and maybe, for more desktop mobos compatibility, we need a MacPro or iMac firmware maybe? netkas, what you think, maybe this is crazy and have no sense, but its just a thought.
mcmatrix

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »

I been seeing that Apple updates the firmware to correct things, and supposedly, efi is upgraded in te process too... When these updates comes, they are for different platforms, MakBook, MakBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac, etc, So what i mean, is that efi firmware is not for a specific platform, but diferent versions/properties/etc... So my thought is that, based on what i can see, the PCEfi8 is based on a MacBook firmware, and maybe, for more desktop mobos compatibility, we need a MacPro or iMac firmware maybe? netkas, what you think, maybe this is crazy and have no sense, but its just a thought.
PCEFI8 is not a full/real efi firmware!
It's just customized darwin bootloader that sets up or add's some fake efi tables and devicetree nodes (efi runtime, device-prop etc).
Minimum configuration for kernel to boot happily. It has nothing to do with your pc real hardware.
The real efi firmware which is in real mac chip or come's with firmware update (firmware updates are available, you can download and extract inlcuded efi stuff) contains real efi core, drivers, apps and acpi aml tables (dsdt etc) for specific mac model (imac, macpro etc).

So its very hard to include more complex stuff to bootloader because it has 64k size limit due running in real mode.
Correct me if i'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:26:48 PM by mcmatrix » Logged
lebidou

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »

Looking on my MBP, i noticed something, first HPET appears under PCI0@0/LPCB@1F/HPET, but on my hackintosh it appears as PCI0@0/HPET .. And the other thing is CPU's that on my MBP they starts at 0@0, i mean, CPU0@0+CPU1@1 but on my hackintosh they start at CPU0@1+CPU1@2...

It's weird, on my hackintosh, HPET is under LPC and CPUs are CPU0@0 and CPU1@1…

* Image 1.png (83.98 KB, 827x578 - viewed 335 times.)

en.gael-philippe.fr -- english version
www.gael-philippe.fr -- version française
bob

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »

You have almost the same config that i see on my MacBookPro.. I see on mine exactly what you see on your hackintosh...
Im not totally sure, but i think maybe "just maybe" the efi has something to do here... Not sure how netkas built pcefi, but maybe there is a diference of the ripped efi on pcefi and the efi on iMac or Mac Pro, no netkas? if yes, can be good to try with the others and have something, pcefi_mb, pcefi_mbp, _imac, _macpro  Grin
MeAngry

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »

Personally I don't think there's a need for different versions of PC_EFI for different types of PC's. EFI always works (about) the same, because an OS needs to have a single way to reach the stuff it needs.

The reason of all those different software updates is the same as why every different PC motherboard needs a different BIOS update. It's only for the BIOS (or EFI for that matter) so it knows how to handle certain hardware, support newer CPU's, memory modules etc. And this software contains specific details for specific hardware.

The software update for a MacBook for example tells him perhaps of a better way to handle the battery. Switch the fans on or off earlier or later, etc..
The software update for a Mac Pro tells how to handle all the interrupts for the PCI Express slots etc.

The software updates are totally on itself and have nothing (or not much) to do with OS X, or how OS X works with hardware detection.
eberts

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »

Hi
since my graphic string and my sound string still don't work: What exactly is it all about those configuration-tables. I can see in your screenshots that you have several tables in ioreg? I can only see two (the last two in frantisheq's screenshot starting with EB9D) here...
Thanks for any help and clarifying  Smiley
lebidou

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 05:42:11 PM »

Hi
since my graphic string and my sound string still don't work: What exactly is it all about those configuration-tables. I can see in your screenshots that you have several tables in ioreg? I can only see two (the last two in frantisheq's screenshot starting with EB9D) here...
Thanks for any help and clarifying  Smiley

I have only two configuration-tables both begining with EB9D and gfx-stings are working well

en.gael-philippe.fr -- english version
www.gael-philippe.fr -- version française
eberts

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »

Hmm, thanks a lot. So it's something else preventing me from loading device-properties...  Sad
But it's the wrong thread to ask for help...
Again, thanks
indraganzo

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 06:46:11 PM »

Hmm, thanks a lot. So it's something else preventing me from loading device-properties...  Sad
But it's the wrong thread to ask for help...
Again, thanks
probably the device pci address does not match on your system to the string you use following link for how to
http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Mobo: MSI 975x Platinum PU edition CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad 6600 @ 2.89 Ghz GFX Card: Sparkle NVidia 7600 GS 256mb Memory: 4 x 1gb DDR2 667mhz HD: Seagate Baracuda 7200 80GB Os: Leopard 10.5.5 vanilla Kexts ,Sleep and Shutdown ok
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: