netkas.org forum
September 24, 2020, 02:45:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon Port Mapping  (Read 402198 times)
Canizes
Not Newbie

« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2015, 12:39:52 PM »

Wanna bet when the first 5870 with boot screen appears on ebay?  Grin

Two days! Grin http://www.ebay.de/itm/ATI-RADEON-HD-5870-1GB-all-Apple-Mac-Pro-Graphics-Card-Upgrade-DVI-Bootscreen-/231549175829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item35e9680815

Why waste time on testing and further improving the ROM (or at least giving some feedback in this thread) if you could also sell some totally overpriced beta-stuff in the mean time? His nick says everything I guess  Grin Macbitch, du bist ein jämmerliches Stück Scheiße!

Back to topic: I've bought a cheap PC 5770 on ebay to do some testing myself, modifications should be quite much the same. I'll see if I can do something about the other digital ports.

@ iHack13: MacPro is required since this is all about EFI here...

Yeah . I noticed this guy selling 5770s with no bootscreen for 100 to 150 euros. I wonder who he is.

Mac-Bitch is a user here in the forum.
its the same person???
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:57:55 PM by Canizes » Logged
Canizes
Not Newbie

« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2015, 11:08:51 PM »

Ok o have flashed my Radeon HD 5870 vapor-x

The PCI conection Speed is 2.5gt's On my Mac Pro 3.1

What i have to do ?
Regards
Spacedust

« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

Ok o have flashed my Radeon HD 5870 vapor-x

The PCI conection Speed is 2.5gt's On my Mac Pro 3.1

What i have to do ?
Regards

It needs hardware modding to get 5.0 GT/s link.
bmac
Not Newbie

« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

On my XFX Radeon 7850 I was trying to see if this mod can be done too, but I can't imagine the silkscreen being the same as older cards, so I haven't found anything else yet on it for my card at least.
Spacedust

« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »

On my XFX Radeon 7850 I was trying to see if this mod can be done too, but I can't imagine the silkscreen being the same as older cards, so I haven't found anything else yet on it for my card at least.

It's something different, but nobody knows which one is the proper one (nothing to compare with).
Rominator

« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »

I have found it on every Pitcairn 7870 I looked on.

The Tahiti LE one was only one I had trouble with.

Pretty sure I saw someone on Ebay selling them with this mod. I only shared it with 2 people I actually trust so likely that someone else found it too.

Have to be careful that the slimeballs at Create Pro (Phil Goldsmith et al) don't get ahold of it.

I can find it for people, but you have to send me the card, and it won't be easy or quick. (not free)

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Spacedust

« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »

Have to be careful that the slimeballs at Create Pro (Phil Goldsmith et al) don't get ahold of it.

I know, these guys are really horrible. I've sent you a PM. We would like to be your EU partner.
Spacedust

« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2015, 12:32:35 PM »

I have found it on every Pitcairn 7870 I looked on.

How about HD7850 or R9 270X ?
Fl0r!an

« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »

Spacedust, did you test DP behavior of your 7850/7870 in the meantime?
Spacedust

« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2015, 07:22:16 PM »

Spacedust, did you test DP behavior of your 7850/7870 in the meantime?

I'm waiting for a new 4K display: http://aoc-europe.com/pl/products/u2477pwq with all ports
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:27:26 PM by Spacedust » Logged
bmac
Not Newbie

« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2015, 09:59:21 PM »

I'm not sending my video card to anyone to find some resistors.  I can get high quality pictures of the traces, I can scope out parts of the board with my oscilloscope if you want me to, but I am not paying someone to take my card and work on it.  I'd rather work on it myself then, and share the knowledge for free on what to look for, how to find it, and things like that.
Spacedust

« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »

I'm not sending my video card to anyone to find some resistors.  I can get high quality pictures of the traces, I can scope out parts of the board with my oscilloscope if you want me to, but I am not paying someone to take my card and work on it.  I'd rather work on it myself then, and share the knowledge for free on what to look for, how to find it, and things like that.

At least we need to know if there must be some resistor added or removed or moved like on HD4870 Wink
Rominator

« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2015, 11:56:02 PM »

I'm not sending my video card to anyone to find some resistors.  I can get high quality pictures of the traces, I can scope out parts of the board with my oscilloscope if you want me to, but I am not paying someone to take my card and work on it.  I'd rather work on it myself then, and share the knowledge for free on what to look for, how to find it, and things like that.

Knock yourself out.

Isn't it funny how often the people who demand that the beer should be shared, are the very same people who showed up at the party without any?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:12:04 AM by Rominator » Logged

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
bmac
Not Newbie

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »

I'm not sending my video card to anyone to find some resistors.  I can get high quality pictures of the traces, I can scope out parts of the board with my oscilloscope if you want me to, but I am not paying someone to take my card and work on it.  I'd rather work on it myself then, and share the knowledge for free on what to look for, how to find it, and things like that.

Knock yourself out.

Isn't it funny how often the people who demand that the beer should be shared, are the very same people who showed up at the party without any?
That's not how this works.  Anyone can come and share, or learn something and share later when they can.  Basically, everyone should share, for the best of any modding community.

PS, I'm a hardware person, not a software person.  Doing enough electronics engineering can give me that edge.  Your insults won't distract me from sharing any gained knowledge, but it will tick me off that any member of the modding community would keep something for personal financial gain.  Instead what you know you could share, on how to find these things, rather than just say "send me the card, it won't be for free though".  Isn't there an old saying, or song, oh yes, knowledge is power!

Have a great day.  Smiley
Rominator

« Reply #254 on: December 24, 2015, 05:45:07 AM »

I have more than done my part for the Mac world. What I give away and what I sell is up to me.

AT this point there are THOUSANDS of EFI flashed Mac cards that N & I wrote the roms for. Most of those we didn't get paid a nickel for.

When someone has handed out as much as I have then they can call me a cheapskate, or whatever. Until then I'm not interested in criticism.

I doubt very much that someone else will figure out 5.0 resistor on other cards. I have found it on R9 290X as well as 7770 and 7870. Different on every card so I can't just say "Grab R17 and yank it"

The sad thing is, the community as a whole got lazy. A guy named "Fouel" used to post at MR and started a thread where he handed out all the 5.0 secrets. But he never went to the bother of figuring it out the hard way, he would just order an MVC card, compare it or it's rom to the stock one and see what had changed. Easy enough to find a single resistor moved or byte changed when you do it that way. But then you never learn anything, nor gain the problem solving skills to find it on next card. Instead it's "wait til MVC sells one, buy it and see how he did it".

Problem is I have never bothered selling R9 290X or 7770 or 7870. I've kind of been waiting to see if anyone else can figure it out.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: