netkas.org forum
August 17, 2019, 02:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: EFI GFX+Audio Introduction & Tutorial  (Read 289829 times)
time ed

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 12:44:09 PM »

How about posting PList Editor as well....
MoDs
Not Newbie

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »

How about posting PList Editor as well....

Created a "Links" section and added plist editor as well...

MoDs
eberts
Not Newbie

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00:53 PM »

Hmm, there seem to be even more boards that don't work with PC_EFI. I tried several strings and I followed the tutorial step-by-step: My Gigabyte 8i945GMF-RH does neither work with any gfx-string nor with a sound string.  Cry which is really strange cause I thought it was very compatible...
MoDs
Not Newbie

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »

Hmm, there seem to be even more boards that don't work with PC_EFI. I tried several strings and I followed the tutorial step-by-step: My Gigabyte 8i945GMF-RH does neither work with any gfx-string nor with a sound string.  Cry which is really strange cause I thought it was very compatible...

Are you saying that your mobo doesn't work with PC_EFI? Because if PC_EFI v8.0 isn't installed, non of this EFI GFX/SFX will work.

MoDs
eberts
Not Newbie

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

I installed ver 8.0 correctly. I can see changes in IORegistryExplorer (btw: is it right to have two configuration-tables under efi in IODeviceTree? I saw a screenshot from netkas having just one). I also downgraded to version 6 because I read about the problems with EFI 8 with Gigabyte P35...
MoDs
Not Newbie

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 11:09:36 PM »

I installed ver 8.0 correctly. I can see changes in IORegistryExplorer (btw: is it right to have two configuration-tables under efi in IODeviceTree? I saw a screenshot from netkas having just one). I also downgraded to version 6 because I read about the problems with EFI 8 with Gigabyte P35...

I'm not sure whether v6 supports efi strings. Sorry!
MeAngry

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 04:03:40 PM »

Thank you so much for this tutorial MoDs, and netkas ofcourse for all the great work on PC-EFI!

I've got the following hardware perfectly working due to a GFXstring made following this tutorial:

ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
+ Realtek ALC882M
+ Marvel Yukon 2 Gbit LAN (TimeMachine fix)
+ NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS

These all work great now without the use of any EFI injectors. Cheesy
eberts
Not Newbie

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 02:28:14 PM »

Solved, it works now! My com.apple.Boot.plist was messed. Couldn't open it with Property List Editor. I used to edit it in terminal with nano before. Now graphics and sound work perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help!  Cheesy Special thanks to fassl for your hints to check IOregistryExplorer for device-properties entries.  Wink
MoDs
Not Newbie

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »

Solved, it works now! My com.apple.Boot.plist was messed. Couldn't open it with Property List Editor. I used to edit it in terminal with nano before. Now graphics and sound work perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help!  Cheesy Special thanks to fassl for your hints to check IOregistryExplorer for device-properties entries.  Wink

Great Smiley
conan

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »

Editing com.boot.apple.plist and inserting hex string etc. with textedit doesnt seem to work
for me, OSX gives me plist errors, and shows the "hold down your powerbutton"
message (Leopard 10.5.1).

i used a plist editor and so far no errors anymore, but still no change in resolution or
qi/qe   Huh

hp530/gma950 
bulyot

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »

i have a question:
the gfx-string included in pc_efi v8 of netkas...is that the hex file to be converted to plist using gfxutil?.....or its the one that will put in com.apple.boot.plist??
MoDs
Not Newbie

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »

i have a question:
the gfx-string included in pc_efi v8 of netkas...is that the hex file to be converted to plist using gfxutil?.....or its the one that will put in com.apple.boot.plist??

These are indeed hex strings, but you will have to convert them to plist first to tweak some properties (device-path, ...), then convert them back to hex to use in com.apple.Boot.plist.

MoDs
bulyot

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »

tnx MoDs

btw..its *.txt extension not .hex....wat will i do? just run the command and the input file ill use is the filename (880gts320mb.txt?)
MoDs
Not Newbie

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »

tnx MoDs

btw..its *.txt extension not .hex....wat will i do? just run the command and the input file ill use is the filename (880gts320mb.txt?)

Extensions are not important, just make sure to pass the right name of file to the gfxutil while converting.

MoDs
bulyot

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »

is this right:

./gfxutil -s -n -v -i hex -o xml 8800gts320.txt out.plist?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: