netkas.org forum
December 13, 2017, 05:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35  (Read 65249 times)
bob

MacBook Pro 13" touch bar, 2016. eGPU (Windows).

« on: January 02, 2008, 04:26:53 AM »

Hi. Well for those who been having problems with some apps, hanging/not working, i found that when some apps start (like itunes SRS iWow for example) hangs with no specific errors (in this case itunes hangs), but looking in the console i saw someting like "GetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" that some apps reports time to time and then they hang; so well the problem appears to be something about IEEE80211 wireless that some how osx looks for??... anyway, i found that adding a config for that into the NetworkInterfaces this problem get solved!
You need to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and edit NetworkInterfaces.plist and add a new dict with the IEEE80211 config..

<dict>
         <key>BSD Name</key>
         <string>en3</string>
         <key>IOBuiltin</key>
         <false/>
         <key>IOInterfaceType</key>
         <integer>6</integer>
         <key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
         <integer>3</integer>
         <key>IOLocation</key>
         <string></string>
         <key>IOMACAddress</key>
         <data>
         ABbPoF5V
         </data>
         <key>IOPathMatch</key>
         <string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P3@1C,2/
      IOPCI2PCIBridge/pci14e4,4311@0/AirPort_Brcm43xx/IO80211Interface</string>
         <key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
         <string>IEEE80211</string>
      </dict>

Save and reboot... After i did this, the problem got solved and all the broken apps and games starting working....

Smiley
Ehsan

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:34:30 AM »

thanks bob .. helped me alot  Wink
bob

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »

No prob! yes it helped me a lot too! i got very few apps working that werent woring before!!!
Smiley
frantisheq

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »

i had no problems with apps but finally no UUID error. thx
Tomaso

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »

Great finding Bob big thanks!  Wink

Now I can finally shut down the system, until now when I clicked shutdown in apple menu only the screen went blank, but the computer remained on, with spinning fans.

It seems that this UUID error made the shutdown process to hang.

However restart is still not working, the same happens as with shutdown earlier, I have a P35 chipset mobo I heard that with this chipset things can go funny under hackintosh.

Other apps are working fine, I only have problem with Toast I tried the latest 8.0.3 version. When I burn a disc It causes "You need to shutdown your computer" system halt after 50% of burning completion or so, and I can throw out the useless half burned disc. Angry

This problem with Toast remained with Bob's NetworkInterfaces.plist editing method.

I use Disco instead of Toast, until I find some solution.

time ed

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 02:12:40 AM »

@bob --just curious: do you have any wireless installed on the machine with which you made the change? Or any device in use at this address "PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P3@1C,2/"? Also, did you leave the <Active> key out of the dict?

One more thing: I used to get a slew of "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" in my logs before and after my hostname was set at startup. Once I added eth string to Boot.plist, I'm down to only one before hostname is set.

Heres the remaining error. Anyone else get this or know if it is normal?
localhost socketfilterfw[53]: _CFGetHostUUIDString:..Error 35

I see this also in ALF.log.

Also, what is /L/P/SC/NetworkInterfaces.plist in for? Is it read at startup or only by some applications? It has the same information as eth string...

As well, I noticed that the system generated a new com.apple.network.identification.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration after I made the change. What is this read by?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:35:36 AM by time ed » Logged
bob

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »

Hi tim ed.
Well no, i dont have Wireless on my hackintosh, but i have a macbook pro, and comparing the init log with the macbook pro, i saw some the similarities, and i saw the error on the hackintosh appeared in the network setup, so looking inside / comparing the SystemConfiguration, i saw the NetworkInterfaces.plist on my MBP had another entry (dict), so added just to test, and voila the error disapeared...  Not totally sure, but maybe somehow some airport thing is loaded, even if you dont have airport, because all apple machines has it, and when its not there, this start happening...
time ed

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »

Makes perfect sense.

Before I try it, I wanted to make sure you didn't see a conflict caused by having a device path for non-existent hardware in a config.

Also wondering whether you removed the <Active> key from the <dict> or set it to <false/>.

bob

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 04:43:57 PM »

No no, in the extra config string i've added, i am using exactly what you see there... i've removed the Active key, just to let it decide what to do "i thought, and i think it worked" Wink
Farx

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:26:41 PM »

Why exactly as same thing as that in sneosx86.freeflux.net?
bob

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »

What kind of question is that?
Maybe it is because im not the only person in the world with a real mac and with needs to solve my own hackintosh problems, and wanted to share??

frantisheq

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »

ignore it. it really helped
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:39:29 PM by frantisheq » Logged
Farx

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »

Just curious.
Nothing any more.
don_regie

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

dis tricks makes time machine to fails back-up
Pages: [1]