netkas.org forum
October 20, 2017, 08:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Information for registering users http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's got a New Mac Pro? We need those new ATI ROMs !!!  (Read 27740 times)
Rominator

« on: August 18, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »

Be a hero !!! Here is your chance to be the FIRST person to dump the new ATI EFI roms.

In minutes we could all know the answer as to whether these new cards will be working in ALL Mac Pros, or just the EFI64 ones made in 2008 and later.

I have a commitment from a local rendering place that will put a 5770 in my hands on Tuesday the 24th, but would be nice if we could get the answer before that.

As I am in LA, where a good many of these machines are likely to end up, I can offer to swing by with a DOS HD and grab the ROM from anyone in Hollywood who has already received their 2010 Pro. Will take under 5 minutes and poses no danger whatsoever for your Mac.

Would be great to post THE ANSWER to this EFI 32/64 thing here on the re-opened forums.

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
atfphotography

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »

Woo hoo!

Good to see you, Rom. Sorry to hear about the B.S. at MR.

I'll keep an eye out here (NYC) for a new MP 2010. Lots of post-productions contacts.

Best!

A
Elphiel

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »

Hi there. I'm working in a Store selling Apple Computers. As soon as we get the Mac Pros i try to help. Meanwhile i try to flash my Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X with the Rom you created for MacRoysan at MR.com. Schould work since my Model number is nearyl the same. 288-1E140-030SA instead of 288-1E140-200SA.

Estaminated arrival of 2010 Mac Pros is 26.08.2010

Will see if someone gets one sooner Smiley

Greetings, Elphiel Smiley
Rominator

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:09:09 PM »

Wow, this is nice news.

Before you flash that 5870, you should definetely dump the original PC ROM just in case it has some crucial difference. (different RAM chips for instance)

If the Roysan ROM doesn't work, post the rom you dumped and I will make one for you using the EFI Netkas created.

Hopefully we will soon have the EFI from a 5770 Apple card, it is likely that Netkas can make a better rom for both cards when we have even just the 5770 EFI available to us.

Keep us posted !!! (but I would be very carefeul about posting anything that could identify you or what Apple store you work in) Wink

Before asking a question, check your "Personal Settings" and be sure that you have "Brain Services" set to "On".
Arch Stanton

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »

What's up fellas... I have some free time this weekend - I'll check the local Apple stores.  If they have new Mac Pros, I am willing to dump the ROMs (if they don't throw me out).

Anyone have a simple tool that fits on a flash drive and is preferably automated?
Rominator

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »

Sadly, we haven't had an OSX dumper since PPC days.

So it is DOS BOOT only (wonderful film, too)

I don't bet you'll be able to get enough time alone with a new Pro to boot into DOS and run command line ATIFlash before they toss you from the store.

On another note, it occurs to me that we might also be wanting a look at the System Disk that comes with these new machines.

When Nehalem came out, it had a 10.5.7 build with 4870 support. So for awhile we needed extensions from it to run 4870s in 10.5.7. Once 10.5.8 came out, not an issue.

So, interesting to see what versions of ATI extensions are on the system disk.

Cindori

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »

will probably not be newer then the SL GFX Update 1.0 tho

http://groths.org
Tools and news about Mac graphics and Hackintosh
TheGoog

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »

Bit of a newb here, but is there any benefit to using the updated roms on a hackintosh, or are these just to get vanilla cards running on macpros?
netkas
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 12:31:26 AM »

Bit of a newb here, but is there any benefit to using the updated roms on a hackintosh, or are these just to get vanilla cards running on macpros?
TheGoog

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 01:47:50 AM »

So what would happen in a hackintosh situation then if one was to flash their bios with one of these mods? I only ask as I'm rebullding my windows machine and leaving my i7 920/5870 as an OSX only build and will want to make this machine as close to a macpro as possible.
netkas
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 01:52:47 AM »

So what would happen in a hackintosh situation then if one was to flash their bios with one of these mods? I only ask as I'm rebullding my windows machine and leaving my i7 920/5870 as an OSX only build and will want to make this machine as close to a macpro as possible.

absolutely nothing, efi part will be ignored
Fitseries3

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »

i have a 2010 macpro with 5870 in it.

how do i dump the EFI rom?

i also have a torrent for 10.6.4 retail dmg if anyone wants it.

allows you to boot with 32nm westmere and clarkdale cpus and instal osx natively.
puuhispoi

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:12 AM »

i also have a torrent for 10.6.4 retail dmg if anyone wants it.

allows you to boot with 32nm westmere and clarkdale cpus and instal osx natively.

I read this like a million times and learned the way;)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10835297&postcount=156
jeanlain

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »

Sill no dump from the 5770?
boli

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 11:29:05 AM »

You don't have to, as Netkas already has. The 5770 ROM seems to be needed still.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: